Source for 1000uF/50V capacitor

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
It's not really in Canada, but you can get 1000uF, 50V Panasonic FC series switcher grade electrolytics from Digi-Key. They don't have the "audiophile aura" of the Black Gate caps, but they have low ESR and pretty long life, and will most likely do just fine.

For anybody new to building their own hi-fi, sourcing parts is quite a big job. That's why I included the Gainclone shopping list on my web site. However, this really only applies to those living in the UK.

Now there must be hundreds of people who have built Gainclones in the US, Canada and other countries who could provide similar information for your fellow countrymen so how about doing the same?

If you don't have web space, I would be happy to include the information on my site. Alternatively, I would be delighted to provide a link.

Come on guys, put something back in as well as taking it out. :yinyang:

When I invest

Nuuk said:

If you don't have web space, I would be happy to include the information on my site. Alternatively, I would be delighted to provide a link.

Come on guys, put something back in as well as taking it out. :yinyang:

in a quality digital camera, I will send you pics of my gc's so far, I ahve made quite a few with different schematics and cases.
Promise!

J-P

Rafal said:
Hi All,

Can somene pointme to a place where I can purchase four 1000uF 50V good quality capacitors for power supply? I would prefer a place in Canda so I can avoid the duties. I looked at Blackgate but would breffer something less expensive.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Rafal

I use United Chemi-con type LXY (equivalent to Pana FC but much cheaper @ $1.25CAN).
http://www.chemi-con.com/new/LXY_Dec02.pdf

Bought them from a local Active Electronics store. They ordered 20 pcs for me strait from the manufacturer.

/Greg

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.