Operation - no magic smoke - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Chip Amps

Chip Amps Amplifiers based on integrated circuits

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Old 22nd November 2015, 10:05 PM   #1
diyAudio Member
Default Operation - no magic smoke

I am trying to mod a 6 mono 3 stereo 3 zone ab amp that has Lm3886t x 6. I know one of the gain pots needs to be fixed. This amp to me anyway has a useless feature of bussing the line outs to another 6 or 3x2 outs. It can be bridged to mono. Initially I planning on using jumpers and jumping out the gain pots that then are jumped into another board is 3 lm393ng 14 LEDs 7 green on bottom and 7 red on top to show clipping but may not need to do that. Bridging will give me over 360watts stereo at 8 ohms however I would like to get it to me over 720 4 or stable at 720 8ohms mono 1400 and change w a 4 ohm load. It currently only has 4 10kuf caps so i know I can use larger ones on the PCB. I would probably have to add a soft start circuit to it also. And I would have to have an AC filter on the plug as well as more caps before and probably after the capacitor. How much capacitance will be needed to make it 4 ohm stable in mono? The secondary's are 20v7 and 9a per winding at max and can be made to be 41v4 or 18 amps if I was to play with it. The power jumpers are currently 35-0-35 so may as well leave as is I guess. These are great and small 1 unit amps I get for almost nothing however I need to run them bridged have them 4 ohm stable or lower preferably lower and I will swap out the little opamps for my secret weapon and possibly swap out the lm3886t also is there is a better solution. Can anyone please help?

Hide this!Advertise here!