Origin LM3886T - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Chip Amps
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Gallery Wiki Blogs Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Chip Amps Amplifiers based on integrated circuits

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2015, 07:18 AM   #1
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Default Origin LM3886T

I've found some opinions on other topics, but it seemed that nothing was concrete as the origin of the LM3886T (TF).

I bought these two units in a component store (with invoice). But I'm not sure if they are original.
Someone with more experience could please contruibuir with some information?

Click the image to open in full size.
  Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2015, 08:42 AM   #2
AndrewT is offline AndrewT  Scotland
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Gone on holiday again. back soon.
They are very similar to the Farnell pair I purchased this week. (to make up the free postage @ >£20)

My older ones did not have the white paint.
Clearly a different production, whether due to new factory, or new country of origin, or new owner (Ti) I don't know?

Have a look at the mould line along the two short edges.
I can see two metal pegs poking through the plastic. They appear identical in old and new versions.
__________________
regards Andrew T.
Sent from my desktop computer using a keyboard

Last edited by AndrewT; 3rd October 2015 at 08:47 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2015, 09:43 AM   #3
Gopher is offline Gopher  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: UK
The printing looks a bit home-made don't you think? It never ceases to amaze me that people risk buying counterfeit parts from a local shop or e-bay when they could just as easily order online from a reputable distributor such as RS, Mouser, Farnell etc. risk free.
  Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2015, 10:47 AM   #4
JMFahey is offline JMFahey  Argentina
diyAudio Member
 
JMFahey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Buenos Aires - Argentina
Quote:
It never ceases to amaze me that people risk buying counterfeit parts from a local shop or e-bay when they could just as easily order online from a reputable distributor such as RS, Mouser, Farnell etc. risk free.
OP is in Brazil, Country I love and visit regularly.
The package might go straight to his home or plain disappear or he might have to physically show up at Customs or Mail Office , with proper ID papers and explain why does he need mystery electronic parts and what are they used for or Customs/Mail employee might check "LM3886 amplifier" on the Net , find a published price of, say, $60 and ask for 60% tax based on those $60+ freight + insurance (estimated) or he might be a Corinthians fan who that week lost 6-0 to Palmeiras so is in a very bad mood .... or .... or .... or .....

Suddenly buying from a local supplier becomes *very* interesting

Oi Felipe: they look close enough, plus faking such cheap and common parts is not a very good business.

Now if they were hard to find Toshiba or Sanken transistors or even MJ150xx or 2N3055 ..... ouch !!!
  Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2015, 11:54 AM   #5
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gopher View Post
The printing looks a bit home-made don't you think?
Looks like the same printing on most LM3886T. Font is correct, mould marks are correct, so to me that looks pukka.
  Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2015, 12:24 PM   #6
diyAudio Member
 
volume knob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: North Shore
I have some samples from national that I obtained a number of years ago that look exactly like those
  Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2015, 01:40 PM   #7
johnr66 is offline johnr66  United States
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
I have the "TF" isolated package version. Printing looks the same as the one I bought 9 years ago from Parts Express. Mine measures well on the bench. Only way to be sure is to decap and compare with authentic die.
  Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2015, 08:25 PM   #8
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMFahey View Post
OP is in Brazil, Country I love and visit regularly.
The package might go straight to his home or plain disappear or he might have to physically show up at Customs or Mail Office , with proper ID papers and explain why does he need mystery electronic parts and what are they used for or Customs/Mail employee might check "LM3886 amplifier" on the Net , find a published price of, say, $60 and ask for 60% tax based on those $60+ freight + insurance (estimated) or he might be a Corinthians fan who that week lost 6-0 to Palmeiras so is in a very bad mood .... or .... or .... or .....

Suddenly buying from a local supplier becomes *very* interesting

Oi Felipe: they look close enough, plus faking such cheap and common parts is not a very good business.

Now if they were hard to find Toshiba or Sanken transistors or even MJ150xx or 2N3055 ..... ouch !!!
Exactly!

Of course, I would rather buy from reliable distributors as Mouser.
But the minimum ship is $ 40 + taxes + 60% (country) + 18% (mostly to the state) + fees of $ 5 post.

So for a purchase of $ 1:

$1 + $40 = $41 + 60% = $65,6 + 18% = $77,4 + $5 = $82,4

$82 for a purchase of $ 1

Ie ... the value is almost double. Neither the stores want to buy as well, because the value is absurd!

Last edited by felipeunix; 3rd October 2015 at 08:30 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2015, 08:45 PM   #9
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewT View Post
They are very similar to the Farnell pair I purchased this week. (to make up the free postage @ >£20)

My older ones did not have the white paint.
Clearly a different production, whether due to new factory, or new country of origin, or new owner (Ti) I don't know?

Have a look at the mould line along the two short edges.
I can see two metal pegs poking through the plastic. They appear identical in old and new versions.
You mean the side marks? It appears to be copper pin, that's right?
These pins have the original?

Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size.
  Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2015, 10:13 PM   #10
diyAudio Member
 
nigelwright7557's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Carlisle, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gopher View Post
The printing looks a bit home-made don't you think? It never ceases to amaze me that people risk buying counterfeit parts from a local shop or e-bay when they could just as easily order online from a reputable distributor such as RS, Mouser, Farnell etc. risk free.
I got caught out with cheap and nasty IRFB4227 mosfets off ebay.
My amplifiers would blow up close to full power with them.
I bought some from RS Components and the problem went away.
A lot of these fakes are just as expensive as from a good reliable source so why buy off ebay ?
__________________
Murton-Pike Systems PCBCAD51 pcb design software. http://www.murtonpikesystems.co.uk
  Reply With Quote

Reply


Hide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cant find origin brucetassin Tubes / Valves 0 5th January 2013 02:55 PM
point of origin of sound in a speaker Robert McLean Multi-Way 11 2nd February 2008 10:05 PM
Origin of turntable speeds Netlist Analogue Source 3 16th October 2007 06:10 PM
Expressimo vs Origin faxurda Analogue Source 22 10th March 2006 06:10 PM
Unknown origin box Ciu Full Range 0 30th December 2005 04:07 AM


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 03:35 AM.


vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ©1999-2016 diyAudio

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Wiki