chip amp recommendation please

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
changing out the innards of a working GFA535 for a chipamp.com design would be a major downgrade.

yeah i'm not gonna do it :) A used gfa535 only goes for $70 or so on ebay though.. metal case and heat sinks cost that much or more. But I don't wanna ruin this amp. I probably would of done it if I could of gotten away using those transformers in it.

THe GFA 535 isn't clean enough for me. The $150 behringer (which blew in both channels) sounded much clearer / better .. especially in the highs. I have to turn up the digital EQ on iTunes to get the 535 sounding right. SO this is why I am going to try the chip amp.

yeah i'm not gonna do it :) A used gfa535 only goes for $70 or so on ebay though.. metal case and heat sinks cost that much or more. But I don't wanna ruin this amp. I probably would of done it if I could of gotten away using those transformers in it.

THe GFA 535 isn't clean enough for me. The $150 behringer (which blew in both channels) sounded much clearer / better .. especially in the highs. I have to turn up the digital EQ on iTunes to get the 535 sounding right. SO this is why I am going to try the chip amp.

I use mine everyday for my PC monitor setup. ive compared against bigger amps it's less noise no hum so cant complain.;)
BTW The little Behringer 2way active speakers use 3X LM3886 inside

LM3886

You can try my PCB, but it wasn't tested.
Keep up the good wotk!

Regards,

Mircea.

Attachments

• PCB LM3886.jpg
    PCB LM3886.jpg
    333 KB · Views: 101
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.