Chassis ground

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
In my 4-channel GC I am about to ground to chassis with a 100R and a 0,22uF.
Should each channel be grounded to cases with each set of 100R and 0,22uF or should they share one set only at the same chassis ground point?

/Jan

Attachments

• chassis1.gif
    chassis1.gif
    7 KB · Views: 389
Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
Try the ground connection with no RC network first, you may not need it and it reduces safety. In my stereo GCs, I usually connect both amp grounds together and run them to the input connectors and connect to chassis ground there. This is one method of reducing ground loops.

pinkmouse said:
Try the ground connection with no RC network first, you may not need it and it reduces safety. In my stereo GCs, I usually connect both amp grounds together and run them to the input connectors and connect to chassis ground there. This is one method of reducing ground loops.

My GC doesn't have AC ground, cause AC ground is normally not used in households my country, except for computer installations etc.
So does safety become an issue here then...?

/Jan

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.