Tda7297 vs tda1554

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
No experience with the TDA7297, some with the TDA15xx devices. If your speaker might dip below 8ohms I'd go for the TDA1554 as it has more output current (4A vs 2A).

If you're feeding them direct from something like a smartphone as a source then they might both benefit (in subjective SQ) from having an input buffer to raise the input impedance - they present 30kohm natively.

The 7297 doesn't struggle at all with a 4ohm load. I've had my demo playing on Piega Premium 5.2's (preferred over Byston 3BSST2), which are 4 ohm.

Also it played some Totem Elements (4ohm) with some gusto in the higher range the McIntosh at the shop didn't, while simultaneously showing the weakness of the highs in the speaker (to some this would be a benefit) and defunct streaming technology they were using...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.