Your ideal "ChipAmp", unlimited budget

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Faber said:

Me too :)

Possible that nobody have enough documentation to build a concentra-clone?
:cool:

bye!

Well, I saved these images from a review that appeared in a Italian (if I remember correctly) audio mag. The photo's are from the Rowland Integrated amp which has the same circuitry as their other amps (which use 6 devices per channel) The image of the basic balanced circuit was from memory. (Hope it is right!) Also, for you "DC servo offset" fans, please look closely at the bottom photo. It appears JR has found that it is unnescessary. (contrary to what National Semi's BP-200 application paper seems to indicate).

Enjoy!

-T

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

The most people talks about the transformer as the principal actor in the concentra's fine sound. I believed that it was used to balance the signal as depicted in the tecnofossil's post.

wich kind of balancer do they use? Also, I tried to take a closer look to the pictures posted and others found on this forum. It seems that they use only SMD components, but I'm not able to find SMD components with normal GC design capacitance (where is the classical 1000uF x rail capacitor?)

Well, soon it will be a hifi fair in Milan, I'll ask to look at the interior ;-)

Bye!

Not meaning to be difficult, it is a pet-hate of mine. It was a favourite 'power-struggle' trick of some of the tutors at college - to refer to us as 'he' or 'she' when talking to other tutors, even though we were standing in front of them! :mad:

I'm sure you meant no offence:)

Disabled Account
Joined 2004
Hi all,

I just finished my first GC (Non-invertin, LM3875+22K+680. PS 25+25VAC with 1000UF directly mounted with the ship per rail, and each 1000UF at the PowerSupply). Normal metal film R & SCR 2.2UF Capacitor. Very happy with the result so far.

So I just wonder if we, as DIYer, have changes to build a ChipAmp. It doesn't matter if we clone the commercial one or not. ( Even a clone of Peter Danial's one ) :devilr:

What is the best result we can get from a ChipAmp ?

Disabled Account
Joined 2004
matjans said:
well, if we're speaking chipamps and not gainclones, my personal favorite (at the moment) is the linn klimax...

(1)
Do you mean this one (Linn Klimax Twin Stereo Power Amplifier)?

http://www.audiorevolution.com/equip/linnklimaxtwin/

How it sounds?

(2)
Now I have another budget for a new amp, ~ US$200-250. However, I was convinced to buy a NAD C320BEE. ( My source is NAD C521BEE, prefer directly connect the CD to the amp without pre).

Any one ever compare LM3875 GC with C320 BEE?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.