A Vbigc

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.

Attachments

• vbigc1.jpg
    vbigc1.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 767
interesting

I noticed the discussion about HUM, it also states that even Peter heard some hum in high efficiency speakers.

I bought 5 (Abbott) transformers from Apexjr and one gives some hum through the system , the others do not have any noise. None of the Baslers has any hum, maybe the hum comes from some of the transformers, can that be?

I am going to try some other transformers next week.

by the way, the enclosure is definitely unique!

J-P

Hi Uvodee,

The enclosure is still unfinished so should be much smarter soon. It is some sort of tropical hardwood with a teak top.

Interesting point about the transformers - you may be right. I may try tightening/loosening the bolt to see if it makes a difference.

>> Where did you got idea for case?

The case is made from wood as I find it much easier to work with than metal. It is designed to have as small a footprint as possible (with no particular height restriction) and to be fairly efficient at keeping itself cool. The vents also allow glimpses of the valves.

I'm not familiar with SE amps (?) but the VBIGC sounds much richer and more velvety than my original non-buffered IGC. Have a look at the sites I mentioned before.

I like inspiration for case for new amplifer, probably make from wood as cheaper and more nice to look than metal. I like to ask you to make but peru is very very far from UK :D :D

Do you or anyone have other example of amp with very good case? I have seen some but not any so good....:)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.