TDA2009A Hi-Fi audio amplifier not producing output - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Chip Amps

Chip Amps Amplifiers based on integrated circuits

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 28th June 2015, 03:26 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default TDA2009A Hi-Fi audio amplifier not producing output

Dear Members,
I built a new TDA2009A Hi-Fi audio amplifier for 5.1 surround system. I prepared three TDA2009A PCB boards for driving 6 speakers. Each board is supplied by individual power supply made of 30V step-down transformer, KBP206G bridge rectifier, 2nos. of 2200MicroF capacitors in parallel, L7824CT 24V positive voltage regulator. And also attaching schematic diagram for your reference and this is different from PCB layout shown in TDA2009A datasheet. Now the problem is that sometimes i am getting output from single channel and most of the time I am not getting output from amplifier boards. Please look into the schematic and provide your suggestions and i spent lot of time to debug the circuit but in vain not able to get the sound from amplifier boards.
Thanks.
Bhaskar
L7824CT 24V positive voltage regulator. And also
I prepared three TDA2009A PCB boards for driving 6 speakers.
Dear Members,
I built a new TDA2009A Hi-Fi audio amplifier for 5.1 surround system. I prepared three TDA2009A PCB boards for driving 6 speakers. Each board is supplied by individual power supply made of 30V step-down transformer, KBP206G bridge rectifier, 2nos. of 2200MicroF capacitors in parallel, L7824CT 24V positive voltage regulator. And also attaching schematic diagram for your reference and this is different from PCB layout shown in TDA2009A datasheet. Now the problem is that sometimes i am getting output from single channel and most of the time I am not getting output from amplifier boards. Please look into the schematic and provide your suggestions and i spent lot of time to debug the circuit but in vain not able to get the sound from amplifier boards. Also note that complete circuit is made by me due to this circuit is not functioning properly.

Thanks.
Bhaskar

Dear Members,
I built a new TDA2009A Hi-Fi audio amplifier for 5.1 surround system. I prepared three TDA2009A PCB boards for driving 6 speakers. Each board is supplied by individual power supply made of 30V step-down transformer, KBP206G bridge rectifier, 2nos. of 2200MicroF capacitors in parallel, L7824CT 24V positive voltage regulator. And also attaching schematic diagram for your reference and this is different from PCB layout shown in TDA2009A datasheet. Now the problem is that sometimes i am getting output from single channel and most of the time I am not getting output from amplifier boards. Please look into the schematic and provide your suggestions and i spent lot of time to debug the circuit but in vain not able to get the sound from amplifier boards. Also note that complete circuit is made by me due to this circuit is not functioning properly.

Thanks.
Bhaskar

Dear Members,
Dear Members,

Thanks.
Bhaskar

Dear Members,

Thanks.
Bhaskar

Dear Members,

Thanks.
Bhaskar

Dear Members,

Thanks.
Bhaskar
Attached Images
File Type: png schematic1.png (212.5 KB, 53 views)
File Type: png Single board1.png (339.4 KB, 54 views)
File Type: jpg total 3 board setup1.jpg (79.0 KB, 54 views)
File Type: jpg Bottom of PCB board1.jpg (48.0 KB, 54 views)
Old 29th June 2015, 02:22 AM   #2
johnr66 is offline johnr66  United States
diyAudio Member

Download the datasheet for the IC and look at the application circuit. The chip will not function properly if you don't follow the manufacturers suggested circuit. For one thing, you left the inverting inputs open (pins 2 and 4).

Lay the board out so the external components are close to the chip as possible and the return grounds for the input and negative feedback don't have power currents flowing in them (research star grounding).

Finally, build one prototype circuit and test for proper operation before building the entire amp.

Hide this!Advertise here!