Help locating input signal ground on Technics/Sanyo SVI 3204.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have an old Technics SU-X 502 with a blown SVI 3204 I have removed this and wish to replace it with a Toshiba TT1943/TT5200 amp board that will accept the 32v 0v 32v AC from the existing transformer, I have worked out that pin 13 and 15 are the Left/Right signal + but I'm unsure about the proper signal ground I have tried pin 14 but its very noisy IE hums badly this appears to be just chassis ground I guess there is a proper signal ground but finding info on these SVI modules is virtually non existant can anybody point me in the right direction? any help greatly appreciated.

Hi jon thanks for the reply, the reason for posting this question is that with no input connected from where the SVI module sat and with the 32v 0v 32v connected and powered on so this new Toshiba based amp board is working and the speaker protection has closed there is no mains hum what so ever (so presume its not a PSU issue), but when I connect signal input from pins 13 CH1+ and pin 15 CH2+ and then use pin 14 as a signal ground using decent OFC single screened cable with both screens connected to pin 14 I get a very noisy earth loop hum at idle so began thinking pin 14 or chassis ground is not a good idea and wondered if pins 9 or 17 with the capacitors to ground would be a better bet, but to do this I'll have to tear it all down again to move it, so before I tried thought I would ask for opinions on here.

Thanks for any ideas in advance Andy.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.