QRP-01 the monster LM3886 Gainclone

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all
Here is one of Per-Anders constructions up and running. I have taken the liberty of renaming it from "QRP-01" to "QRP-01.k" just to indicate it was build by me (as if I didnt knew that.:rolleyes: ). I have to say that I am very pleased with the both the sound and the way the box turned out . And looks are important otherwise I am not sure if it will be let into the living room and in that case it doesnt matter how good it sound if nobody can hear it.
Here are some facts: it is based on the PCB from Per-Anders. It have non inverting input buffer and the LM3886 is working in non inverting modeI also put the DC servo in. The power supply is a 300VA 24VAC torioid transformer connected to a single bridge leaving 35V DC at idle and 32.5 V DC at full load just below clipping thats 60V P-P 1kHz sinus with 8Ohm s load on both channels. Components chosen is as in the parts list except from some minor changes, the rebell in me just had to do it. No fancy parts at all. The only audiophile part is the inductor at the output and that is just because it was made by me;). 13 some turns of 1.9 mm thick copper wire. The interconnect are cheap ones from kjell.com. The power suply that are in separate box is connected to the amp with a 4 pole Speakon connector with 6mm2 wires.
If you have read this far and want to know more you can look here: http://w1.331.comhem.se/~u33113170/gainclone/
its mostly pics and if there is anything more you are wondering feel free to ask.

Attachments

• monster.jpg
    monster.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 452
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.