TDA7285 chip help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all. I was just give a PYLE PCAU46A amp, broken of course, just to tinker with. Looks like it smoked the TDA7285 transistor.i am looking for a source to purchase one to replace. Looked on digi-key and did not find one. It has all the pins on one side with alternating pins having a bend to them. Also, is there anything upstream that would cause this to smoke? Any pointers are appreciated. I'm familiar with circuits,components, and soldering although 20 years ago. Looking to get back in the game. Thanks all. Jim

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433465583.997753.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433465632.189094.jpg . Here are the pics I forgot to attach.

Joined 2002
Paid Member
Are you sure that the chip is a 7285? Read the print on the chip, not the board.

The TDA2005 is a mono chip,the 7265 has two channels in one package. One of them will blow for sure.

Does the amp have one chip, or two? I'm guessing its a stereo amp. The 7265 was quite popular in low-cost equipment for up to 30 w/ch.

When the chip smoked it must have melted the writing off of the chip. I was reading the TDA7285 off of the board immediately to the right of the chip. The amp is advertised at 120x2 peak and 40x2 rms which may be slightly on the high side based off of some reviews of the amp. The 7265 looks to be a little underpowered. But I am having difficulty finding another 11pin chip that it may be. Thank you.

Looking at the owners manual it says on page 3 that the amp has output of 20 watts per channel rms @ 4 ohms so that would be abut right for a tda7265 chip as the st data sheet says 25 watts per channel I would guess its a tda 7265 chip also a tda 7292(I think) may be able to be used as they use same development board and same pinout just can handle more voltage and has 40 watt out per channel. .You can check the datasheets for the tda 7265 and tda 7292 on st.com.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.