chipamp.com chip amp one channel below par

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all, I built a little while ago a chipamp.com dual mono amp and it sounds beautiful, that was until recently.
It had sat in my loft which is a bit windy, cold and a little damp as lofts are but I never found any condensated water on it. It has been a cold winter though.
I got it out to give it a listen and immediately couldn't hear one of the channels, so I swapped the inputs over and it's the amp/psu on one channel down.
I used their selector switch, alps pot and separated the channels completely.
After it had warmed up a while, slowly the channel came back, but it goes again from time to time.
at the moment it works but that channel is below par (running at say, 60% output).
Where do I look first? The blue LEd on the chipamp.com psu's are both lit up, so would I be right in guessing that one of the psu's maybe is lower on rail voltage?
It's a lot of faffing about to dismantle it so I'd like some ideas where to begin.
Is it possible one of the LM3886 chips are partially faulty, or do they either work or not?
Many thanks for reading this far, perhaps you've got some ideas.

I used their selector switch, alps pot and separated the channels completely. After it had warmed up a while, slowly the channel came back, but it goes again from time to time. at the moment it works but that channel is below par (running at say, 60% output).
The selector switch, the potentiometer or any solder connection.

It does seem that the difficulty is a mechanical connection failure of some sort.

Also, do check the speaker cables or trade the speakers left for right.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.