Ruby amp and warm to hot 9 volt battery

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi diyAudio fans, This is in regards to the Runoffgroove.com Ruby 1/2 watt practice amp. For some strange reason, have yet to find a good answer, the 9 volt battery, when used to power the amp, was controlled by a volume pot with an on/off switch, when you would switch it off, the 9v batt got hot, not good. I found that while on, the battery stayed quite cool. I quit using a on/off and just use a 10K linear volume pot with no on/off. That way it is always on, unless you disconnect the battery and the 9 volt stays cool. I could not find any voltage on power rails, or anywhere else. It was like the battery was shorting out. Either on or unplugged from power source is a safe way and no worries about battery over heating when left hooked up. Be good, C.

Hi diy, This amp I made myself and triple checked my work. The amp works perfect, hot battery not perfect. Could find no voltage present anywhere on circuit board (Runoffgroove.com Ruby amp) and the 10K on/off volume pot checked out ok. I have read that other people have experienced the same thing and I believe Runoffgroove.com even acknowledges that this can occur. Thankyou for your input and suggestions as I am still learning and thats what its all about. Take care, Cass.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.