LM1875 transconductance amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
the oscillations may be caused because the gain of 1875 is too low, it is not unity stable chipamp. Try to lower current sensing resistors to 0.3-0.25 Ohm.
Another thing is that rc zobel circuit should be close to the output of the chip.
I got the oscillations too when zobel was mounted far from the chip (on speakers terminal)

Sorry kp93300 as I was away from the forums.
Try the circuit below, It is tested by me and is the simple version of what I had originally built. A non-polar 47uF cap replaces the DC Servo to make things simple.
1. Adjust 4R15 per your personal taste.
2. 4R9 controls the gain of the circuit
3. 4C5 controls the bass response with 4R6 and needs to be bi-polar.

All the best!

Hi

Revisiting an old thread since I always wanted to try a transconductance amp. since I have full range speakers and the article from NP convinced me to one day give it a try.

Thanks to the good as built schematic of Bimbla and the great help from Prasi a PCB layout has been created. I will try to fire it up very soon and will keep you posted.

I attached some pics of the empty and stuffed PCB (need to find my LM1875

Once tested I'll have some PCB to sell at cost + shipping (cheap)

BR
Eric

Attachments

• IMG_0796.jpg
    IMG_0796.jpg
    586.6 KB · Views: 621
  • IMG_0814.jpg
    IMG_0814.jpg
    875.5 KB · Views: 568
Last edited:
Hello Eric,

I would be interested in a couple of the boards if possible once you get everything worked out. I've got a couple new National Semiconductor LM1875 that I have had since the 1990s.

I built a stereo amp using them. That amp sounded great and was pretty much bullet proof. Lost in a move some time ago.

Hi guys

The PCB is working but I've got a noisy smps powering the amp. Let me try with a linear supply. I then have to build a sealed enclosure for the full range speakers. Lots on my plate lately. If really interested, I can send some pcb (free), just pay shipping.

Eric

Hi guys

The PCB is working but I've got a noisy smps powering the amp. Let me try with a linear supply. I then have to build a sealed enclosure for the full range speakers. Lots on my plate lately. If really interested, I can send some pcb (free), just pay shipping.

Eric

Where do things stand? I'd like to try a simple, straight forward amp like this to see if it worked well with the speakers I have. I think it will, but I'm not sufficiently convinced to do design & breadboard on my own.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.