volume

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
what is there inside these integrated ones to get the dc volume control?
can the same thing be made for 6 channels instead of 2 with an only taper?

Attachments

• volume.png
    volume.png
    3.1 KB · Views: 461
A simple Solution

Hi All

You can use three TDA1524 ICs to control six channels,each TDA1524 is stereo,the controlling purpose is much simpler,because its accomplished with voltage rather that I2C,so you can use one potentiometer for the three TDA1524 to conntrol volume,and one potentiometer to control bass,etc...

Each potentiometer can be connected to the voltage control inputs of the three TDA1524 simulatenously.

This IC is very good indeed,but be aware of the wiring to be shielded as possible.

BR

GOOD SOLUTION

Using three TDA1524 or any other such chips like 1036 or 1040 could be a good solution however, there are inatances where one don't need additional bass, tone balance controls e.g if one is desisgning a 5.1 system amplifier, use of dual tone controls like 1524 etc would not be a feasible choice as the same chip would boost bass and treble however since SUBWOOFER is around 25-250 HZ I am sure it would disturb the quality of subwoofer in such a case what I'd like to do is just control volume with TDA7448, only if Mr. Cyberagent would be kind enough to provide some guidelines in addition to hyperlink to DS1666 an alikes...

Re: GOOD SOLUTION

abidr said:
...only if Mr. Cyberagent would be kind enough to provide some guidelines in addition to hyperlink to DS1666 an alikes...

What exactely do you want?
Everything is in the datasheet of the chip.

As far as I understand you don´t want to use a µcontroller, but want to have a simple control interface. That is why I suggested the 1666. It can be controlled by pushbutton keys, by an incremantal turn encoder or by a µc.

The control interface needs just 3 signals:
chip select, which enables the chip
up/down, which indicates increasing or decreasing volume
step, which changes the steps.

The pot itself can be designed into the circuit jus like a single pot.

Look at these links for design reference:
http://www.catsemi.com/documents/AN11.pdf
http://www.analog.com/UploadedFiles/Data_Sheets/591359612AD5220_0.pdf

Thanks Cyber

You have been of great help I coonected to the links in your last post and looking into the area of using 1666, however I would like to use TDA7448 with a u-controller however since I am a newbie to the concept of u-controller any hyperlink where i could clarify the conceprt of u-controller and how to build it or any other help in this regards will be highly appreciated.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.