Selling my chip amp - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Chip Amps

Chip Amps Amplifiers based on integrated circuits

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 29th January 2015, 11:50 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Selling my chip amp

I have too many amps and need to clear some of them out. Im selling a completed chip amp and have it on E-bay with an opening bid of $1.00!

Its a very nice amp and sounds great, just don't use it much as I have several other amps in my collection. I also have a set of DX Blame MK III Super charged boards for sale in another auction.

Just let me know if you have any questions at ibuildstuff4u@gmail.com

Thanks, Dale P.

Chip Amp LM3886 Gainclone Stereo Power Amplifier Custom Built Amp | eBay
Old Yesterday, 05:52 AM   #2
Hogwild is offline Hogwild  Canada
diyAudio Member

Have you considered adding photos of the inside of the amp, showing your solder joint quality, wiring used, etc? It might sell the thing more easily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibuildstuff4u View Post
I have too many amps and need to clear some of them out. Im selling a completed chip amp and have it on E-bay with an opening bid of $1.00!

Its a very nice amp and sounds great, just don't use it much as I have several other amps in my collection. I also have a set of DX Blame MK III Super charged boards for sale in another auction.

Just let me know if you have any questions at ibuildstuff4u@gmail.com

Thanks, Dale P.

Chip Amp LM3886 Gainclone Stereo Power Amplifier Custom Built Amp | eBay
Old Yesterday, 05:58 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

There are close up pics of the interior in the listing.

I'm impressed that you could squeeze 1000wpc from LM3886!
Old Yesterday, 02:58 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Hi Dale,

I am watching your auction with great interest. I have been thinking of building a new amp. I have never built a chip amp before. I have built a 3116 class D which was fun. I am looking for more power than the 50wpc in the 3116. Was your 3886 easy to build? I have been reading through the 3886 audiophile thread and it looks promising. I am just unsure as to whether to build another Class D, go with a chipamp, or build a class a/b. Decisions, decisions, decisions...

Hide this!Advertise here!