Modulus-86 build thread

True that.

As Chris said, it's better to have it be a quick and sudden death rather than a prolonged affair. With strokes, it can go either way, though in case of my dad, the fact that the stroke was hemorrhagic certainly sped things up. My dad was at the top of his game on Thursday evening, hanging out with friends, having a great time. Sunday he was dead.

I'd also like to point out that before you sign up for the Sudden Death Package, that it is rather hard on the relatives. :)

Thanks to all (also from my mom) for your condolences. Those are very heartwarming. Thank you.

It'll be a bit before my brain will be able to think coherent engineering thoughts. I'm confident that with time I'll be back in full force, though. Feet down. Head up. Nose forward.

Tom

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Tom,
Try to anticipate your Mother's need on the anniversary of his death and his birthdays. Those times are very hard on the surviving partner. The first year is the worst, but those two dates will always be bad. You might find Christmas and other significant holidays to be rough as well. Do your best and I wish you strength when your Mother needs it.

Looking after someone else tends to distract you to some degree, depends on the person. My wife and I have both lost our Fathers and this is our observations, that's all.

Take care, Chris