Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Chip Amps Amplifiers based on integrated circuits

Modulus-86  build thread
Modulus-86  build thread
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old Yesterday, 03:06 PM   #4061
codewritinfool is offline codewritinfool  United States
diyAudio Member

Modulus-86  build thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davey View Post
Gents,

I suggest to return to the topic of this thread. Tom can operate his business model however he sees fit regards IP promulgation.

Dave.
I agree. I'm a very happy customer of Tom's, and I just don't see any of this as an issue. He can run his business how he chooses.
Old Yesterday, 04:32 PM   #4062
tomchr is offline tomchr  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by anatech View Post
Guess what even a patent or NDA gets you?
Jack all. I know. I still don't see any need to shoot myself in the foot on purpose from the start.

I am certainly planning to stay out of courtrooms to the extent possible. Only the lawyers win there.

Your request to include schematics has been duly noted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by billshurv View Post
Topic? Ah yes humilating me for slow progress :P
Well. We can always return to that, yes.

Tom
Old Yesterday, 05:01 PM   #4063
tomchr is offline tomchr  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistollero View Post
Hello Tom, i bought my boards on february.
Now i m going to build the amp and see that my boards are 2.2 and new boards are 2.3.
Is there a any differences..?
Yep. The LME49710NA, which is now discontinued by TI, has been replaced by the LME49720NA. The '720 is the dual version of the '710. The unused channel is configured as a buffer with its input grounded. It does not participate in the circuit (aside from increasing the supply current a bit).

I got tired of winding output inductors, so I had a bunch custom made for me. The new inductors are smaller (both in inductance and physical size) so they do not fit in Rev. 2.2 and below. Rev. 2.3 uses the new inductor.

There's also an additional RC in the RFI/EMI filter. It shaves off a little bandwidth (66 kHz vs 85 kHz) in exchange for a bit better RF immunity.

There were no changes to anything that matters within the audio band from Rev. 2.2 to 2.3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistollero View Post
I tought my boards where the latest version.
They were at the time you bought them. Unfortunately TI discontinued the LME49710, which prompted me to up-rev the board.

There's nothing wrong with Rev. 2.2. Just make sure you get the LME49710NA on order before stock runs out. I have a handful of them that I can part with to those who have MOD86 Rev. 1.x, 2.0, or 2.2. I do not have any of the LME49710HA (TO-99 package) for Rev. 2.1.

Tom

Modulus-86  build threadHide this!Advertise here!