lm3886 tda7293 tda1514

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
These guys will probably put out 80W no problem.....

Attachments

• opa541am.jpg
    opa541am.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 1,913
BTW, which is the maximum current of the LM3886?
The 3886 is spec'd for a maximum current output of 11 A. This is stated in the datasheet under Application Information. Note also the Safe Operating Area curve. which shows the maximum cureent for various collector-emitter voltages (basically the difference between the power supply voltage and the output voltage at any given instant).

heard that lm3886 don't like's 4 ohm
To the contrary, the 3886 is practically designed for 4 ohms. It is rated to put out more power into 4 ohms than into 8 ohms. The 3875/3876 on the other hand, have a much lower current limit (4 A vs. 11 A for the 3886) and a lower maximum power (heat) dissipation (100 W vs. 135 W for the 3886). The 3886 is a much more robust device than the 3875, and for high-power 4 ohm applications is a better choice.

RE

TDA 1514 is by PHILIPS, it is an astounding soundind chips with very low THD, drawback it ll blow up so easily and for reasons unknown perhaps even to PHILIPS that after a few blowouts you will be cursing the idea of making am amp by this chip at current excahge rate it is worth about 4.5$ a chip.
TDA729x series manufactured by ST microelectronics although chips and output power is good, THD is alright but drawback this chip too Blows up but better tolerability than 1514. at current exchange Rates we could get 729x chip at around 2.8$ a piece not bad.
LM3886 by National Semiconductors too is a good chip sounds good THD slightly high but doesn't blowup as easy as 1514 or 739x series but then again it sounds better than both.
Its your choice how much you could compromise?

finaly i built tda7294 amp but now i need to know is this circuit is good
one week ago i built tda1514 bridge ,but i asked is my tda1514 bridge circuit is good everyone wrote that it was fine ,but after when i built amp i realized that it wasn't working then somebody wrote that in that circuit pins were mixed and tda1514's fried :smash: :smash: :mad:
now i want to build bridged tda7294 please look at this circuit carefully.I'm new in electronics ,but i think that everything is fine here ,but it would be very nice to know that professionals think so too:D

Attachments

• clip.gif
    clip.gif
    15.3 KB · Views: 1,600
abidr said:
LM3886 is rated at 68 Watts, whereas 729x is rated at 100 watts, be very very careful with the bridge chips will blow up short to ground, short to supply etc and u ll be mourning like frying up of 1514, but it sounds good.
Try Attached one.
abidr , could you email me a bigger picture, please?

You will find the email address at my homepage.

Thanks.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.