strange chip???

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi guys...
My girlfriend had an Panasonic SA-AK20 stereo system with cd changer... This unit died yestarday after 9 years of working. Cd changer went dead. So I have a problem - to make an amplifier out of it. Problem is not making an amplifier but that I don't know what is the chip inside it.
On chip it says:
BC
POWER MODULE
RSN 3502 A

Does anyone knows where to find datasheet for that chip or some schematics. I have to use the same transformer from the stereo system and some of the parts but I don't like to take the schematic from the pcb board... Maybe it could be easier...
Thanks in advance
daniel

This is all I have. It's the B version, can't find the difference with the A-version.
Hope this helps.

Greetings
/Hugo

Attachments

• rsn3502.gif
    rsn3502.gif
    90.1 KB · Views: 1,589
Hi guys!

Ropie,
I can't build Gainclone because my tranfo from stereo system is not good (29,7V-0V-29,7V and 13,0V-0V-13,0V all in all aproximatelly 100VA-120Va transfo). The voltages and VA are not good for gainclone :)- only if You ment with this chip- the chip is aprox 80$ brand new and I would not like to buy some chips instead I would like to rather use this chip because I simply have it and for LM1875 and LM3875 (as I have said) the voltage is not good:) - but it would be in gainclone style if I could find some datasheets

Netlist,
thanks man- I will see what to do with it- I must turn on my brain cells and see what will come out (hopefully not something +'%&/$"3215%) ;)
It is perfect for a start- thanks again.
I hope I'm free to ask You something if I would have any questions?:cannotbe: ;)
best regards
daniel

Daniel
SVI3102D and RSN3502 are about the same or at least interchangeable. The datasheet of the STK4042 has a totally different pinout.
IMHO it shouldn't be too difficult to derive something from the next picture. (SVI3102D)

/Hugo :)

Attachments

• svi3102d.gif
    svi3102d.gif
    95.9 KB · Views: 1,210
Yes , on the other thread in forum (part with components) I asked also this question an mention that this chip is practically the same as one Zou have mentioned- but I forgot to post it here- so somebody might have shematic that You posted- THAKNS A LOT - my girlfriend will be very happy (hopefully- I will post something in here when it is finished:) ):bigeyes: :D ;) :rolleyes: :cool: :) :clown: :) :smash:
thanks

O.K.
Hi!

I didnt do it.....:) He said....

Well if I get this right the schematic might look like down below for it. Please correct me if I am wrong (especially the red marks).... Thanks...
Also say what could be done like in Gainclone style if it would be possible because this amp looks like it could...
Also I have found some differences on the original board of the sound system so that would be the second schematic.

I have a question.... My friend heard about my amplifier problems ( I was asking him if he knows where to find datasheets etc.) and he gave me for a couple of cap's a pcb from an old Revox amplifier with an toroid transfo. The pcb contains 2 chips TDA1514A. What should I do. Which amplifier is better?
TDA1514A is mono 50W amplifier but it is very cheap (6$ or so) and RSN is not so cheap (70$ or so). Which one would sound better that is the question :) now.
Ofcourse there are some sentimental reasons to use RSN chip because my girlfriend says:" What have You done to my stereo :) she didn't saw what I did to mine.... :) :)

Attachments

• netlist.jpg
    netlist.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 754
Re: DIDN'T DO ANYTHING

sparkle said:
It just fell off
10 X LOL

What a nice picture
I never saw a big chip open like this. Quite impressive.
You might take care, something tells me strange chemicals could be exposed now. :eek:

I could try and dig a bit deeper to find more info on that chip but looking at the present state I got the feeling it became quite useless.
Here's one advice: Find the beautiful Gainclone threads, print the nicest pictures (on high glossy paper of course), sit down, relax and show them to your girlfriend, let her choose a model and promise her to build one. ;)
Warning: You could have a hard time with Peter’s art.
I know very little about Gainclones, but who says those trafo's are no good? LM3875: Supply: 20-84V. Looks like any trafo could be used.

/Hugo :)

What about TDA1514A chip. I have 2 of them in an old revox and I could dig them out.....
Yes yes- the LM3875 or LM1875 was my second choice- well maybe the LM1875 was my second choice...:)

The RSNxxxxx chip was working until the stereo went dead (I meen CD changer went dead).... I think I would give it a try and connect it in the air and see what happens.... I will let You know....

IF You wish I could send You some more pictures I have in greater resolution from that chip........:)

p.s. picture is from revox board

edit: I found some informations about TDA1514A - don't bother :))

Attachments

• revox_02_800.jpg
    revox_02_800.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 595
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.