strange chip???

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello again!

Well - finally I have finished it few days ago. Triple checked everything- everything was o.k. but when I power it up, nothing happened. The chip was dead- probably when the cover fell of something happened.
My girlfriend was very sad and I was not very happy because of the time put in..... Well back to the old drawing board. I have two TDA1514 chips so it is half way done now- hope this will work. TDA is easier to find if anything goes wrong- so, again, we'll be in touch.
:bawling:

1000 times sorry guys....I just realized that

I didn't finish what I have started here.....
Te amp for my girlfriend was finished a week from the last post on this thread... it was made with TDA1514 like I said I will do....I will post some pictures.....
I managed to disconnect the part of the board of that old amplifier that was only amplifier itself so the logis went into my junk-yard...I used the amplifier part of the board and it worked instantly and very good. Unfortunately the voltage was little bit low but it works now also.... nothing happened till now.... everything fine....
sorry for the delay .... hope that You all that read this will foget me
daniel

Attachments

• fil4628_resize.jpg
    fil4628_resize.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 419
Hello Daniel Sparkle, i am doing an amplifier with the same chip

Not exactly the same...but a near cousin.

Mine is RSN3502N ..... well this "N" create a power supply voltage difference, this one can hold 40 volts simetrical and goes very easy to 60 watts undistorted each channel, when both are simultaneously driven.

Heat is big... bias current is high, and heatsink need to be very big...something alike 20 heatsink fins having 10 square centimeters each fin.

The internal protection is more kind than many others chips...as do not limit current...so...you have some twice this power instantaneous peak power, and this produces a very nice effect!

Quality is very nice, having worst midranges than LM3875 and better trebles and better dinamics.

Deep bass reproduction is almost the same of LM3875 not modified to increase of bass in extreme low frequencies.

We have to search for 15 volts somewhere or produce this negative 15 volts to feed pin 8.

The Chip uses a very strange AC information in the pin 6...maybe sensing voltage variations....it capture the signal from one of the power transformer secondary AC output (around 22 to 29 AC Volts)..... find a voltage divider that reduce the amplitude to 15 percent and feed the low impedance input in the pin 6.

Very interesting is that the chip is big...so, as a result, the input and output are not near.... this avoid a lot of compensations that normally result not good...also the enormous aluminium panel it has in its back (never flat, have to sand over a glass!) have area enougth to transfer a little bit more than 300 watts of heat...this way, produce 75 watts continuous each channel will not destroy the unit...voltage can be increased, input condenser increased and feedback line condenser can be increased too, resulting in 10 hertz reproduction without any loss of power.

Good luck to you....if want better sound...change to Mika.......as Mika sounds great!

ahahahaha!

Carlos

Attachments

• rns 3502 and rns3502n.jpg
    rns 3502 and rns3502n.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 293
Nice... I am happy that it is working with someone.... this chip gave me a headache..... the chip is nice.. it looks nice ... but I have a better solution now with my girlfriends home.... YEEES, Mika is nice... and it sound very nice to.... when it is burned in... must you must burn it good otherwise it doesn't work good.... :)
regards
I am happy for you
daniel

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.