There is buzzing noise..Did i do anythng wrong with this set up?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

I am modifying this headset to bluetooth,

so i connect the battery to both bluetooth module and to the headset power ( i believe is for noise cancellation and amp),

switch the audio input from the jack to bt module,

ground both headset amp and audio input together and connect to battery neg-... and when i connect my phone to bluetooth there is buzzing sound coming out! it is fine when i use 3.5mm jack as audio source....

someone tell me put 0.1uf capicitor on both right and left channel between the bluetooth and the headphone driver can filter that sound....is that true or should i use a resistor instead?

Please help! Thanks!

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

here is the orginal 6 cable

1)blue for the power positive
2)black for power nag-
3) copper for power ground
4) red audio right
5) green audio lefr
6) audio ground.

do you mean that two ground is a common ground?
so what is the best way to connect these to one battery and a bluetooth module with out the annoying buzzing noise??

Thankss

the battery is 3.7v, headphone is a beats studio v2.

the pic i upload is the original set up with the battery and 4056 charging module and 3.5mm jack. it works well with no noise.

However, after i add the module from here
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00ANDHBNS?pc_redir=1414610246&robot_redir=1

it will get a buzzing sound. Again, this module running when i only use the 3.7v battery above and connet it to other speaker.

the problem comes when connect the headphone power, battery, bt module and audio in all together.

some people suggest it is a ground loop problem becoz i use the same power souce for both the bt module and the headphone amp.

thanks for.you guys help!

Did you try it without the power ground to audio ground connection?
Can you confirm that when you plug the bluetooth device into the charger, the bluetooth device is then only connected to the power supply and not to the battery.
I think the charger is constructed as USB to regulator to battery and that the USB works only as a supply to the charger.

Last edited:
With ohmmeter, measure between the bluetooth module's audio ground and power ground to see if they're internally connected. They are, probably.
In this case, try using only one ground wire for the bluetooth module, to see if that happens to work.

P.S.
If not, then you can probably try sticking schottky diodes (or even 1n4004) series to power in various locations till you get the buzz stopped. That trick worked on my radio that had to charge and power at the same time. But, I forgot exactly how that was arranged. It was just like: "Oh hey, no more buzz!" :)

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.