Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Chip Amps

Chip Amps Amplifiers based on integrated circuits

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 21st January 2004, 10:44 PM   #21
diyAudio Member

Hi, I have zipped the schematic and board files allong with the library file for the LM3886 chip and attached it below. You may find that you will have to add the library to your list in eagle before you can view the files properly, but I doubt that that will be too much of a problem (let me know if you get stuck, and I might be able to help out).

Otherwise, enjoy!
Attached Files
File Type: zip lm3886-pcb.zip (36.1 KB, 843 views)
Old 22nd January 2004, 02:16 AM   #22
diyAudio Member

I don't have fancy expensive software capable of displaying those files

Is there anyway you could post the Black and white copper bottom to scale or email it to me?

Thanks for the time you spent doing this for me!!

-Mike
Old 22nd January 2004, 08:59 AM   #23
diyAudio Member

Hi, the version of eagle that I used to do this is FREE! You can get a coppy from thie website below if you wnat one, but if you can't do that, I guess I could come up with some black and white gif's for you (just let me know if you need them).

http://www.cadsoftusa.com/
Old 22nd January 2004, 10:29 AM   #24
diyAudio Member

Here is the board track layout that you can use straight off, without having the software (please remebmer, that this is a top down view, so you may need to mirro it depending on how you intend on transfering it tot he bottom layer of your board).

edit:

I forgot to mention that this should be printed out at 300 DPI without any resampling of the image ofr it to come out the correct size.
Attached Images
File Type: gif soundnerd3886-3.gif (9.3 KB, 2655 views)
Old 22nd January 2004, 11:39 AM   #25
diyAudio Member

WOW, thats amazing for a free program.

Is it easy to use? I am going to download it, but its a 7MB file, so I'll have to wait until later. I can only spend about 20 more mintutes on the internet.

I think I can print at 300x300dpi, but if not, by any chance would you know how much to scale it down?

Thanks again for designing this!
Old 22nd January 2004, 11:45 AM   #26
diyAudio Member

Eagle does have it's limits (at least in the free version, of board size, and the number of layers), but it is by far the easiest program I have used for trying to design PCB's (it makes trying to learn protel even worse). Just draw a schematic, press the CAD buttoin and it will create a set of components with all of the nets conected how you want them (providing you have teh pars int eh librbary). All you have to do is place them where you want, and join up the pins (there is an auto router, but I would advise against using this for the most part).

If you do need to try and scale the picture, just print it out on a piece of paper first, and try and match up the pin hole son your 3886 with the ones in the picture (when these match, you know you have it the right size).
Old 22nd January 2004, 11:51 AM   #27
diyAudio Member

Yes, when I printed, it was way too big.

I then tried scaling it to 300 pixel width, and fireworks automatically adjusted the height.

Still too big. I guess this is a trial and error thing now, right?

Thanks

-Mike
Old 22nd January 2004, 12:02 PM   #28
diyAudio Member

the picture itself isn't supposed to be 300 pixels wide, but rather it is the corect size that when set to a resolution of 300 pixels (dot) per inch, it will be the corect size to print out.

So, if you can get fireworks to leave the picture with the same number of pixels (try selecing it so that it doesn't resample the image), and then change the resolution if the image, or i't s physical width (depending on what you have control of, I know you can do both in photoshop, as that's what I used to create it), so it is either 300 pixels per inch, or measures 2.573 inches wide by 1.487 inches high.

edit:

I have done the resizing for you and saved the image file as a tif, so it will remember the correct resolution and size of the image, so if you open this, and print it out without any resizing, it should be the correct size.
Attached Files
File Type: zip soundnerd3886-4.zip (19.6 KB, 563 views)
Old 24th January 2004, 11:55 AM   #29
ukram is offline ukram  Finland
diyAudio Member

Pin 7, the signal ground, seems incorrectly connected to power ground, creating a ground loop. It should have its own wire to signal ground star point.
Old 25th January 2004, 02:41 AM   #30
diyAudio Member

How else should it be connected?

Hide this!Advertise here!