Onkyo tx-ds 676 upgrade

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi
I´m triying to update my onkyo 676, changing the opams, it uses the NJM 4565(14 ICs!! dual opam from NJR) and 15534(3 ICs connecteds after the 5.1 DACs).

For the NJM i think that it would be better to change by the OPA 2134, that it semms better and cheap comparing to an others Opams. WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT IT?

For the 15532 i read in www that it seems to be the 5532 and i´m not shure what to do, because this forum likes it. WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT IT?

I have connected the onkyo to a McIntosh MC 2505 for the mains channels, so the supply upgrade is not very important.

Tanx

RATU

Nuuk said:

There is another thread here about replacing the opamp on preamps and you will find all the 'usual suspects' there! ;)

:D

ratu said:

For the NJM i think that it would be better to change by the OPA 2134, that it semms better and cheap comparing to an others Opams. WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT IT?

That's a good one.:)

ratu said:

For the 15532 i read in www that it seems to be the 5532 and i´m not shure what to do, because this forum likes it. WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT IT?

I don't like it.:dead:
Just to be sure, measure between pins 4 and 8.
If you have around 30 volts there, it's a double op-amp, and you can use the OPA2134 here too.
If that voltage is between pins 4 and 7, it's a single (I don't think so) and you can use the OPA627:D .
If you want cheap, OPA134 or OPA604.:angel:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.