Big trouble with TDA1524! Pls HELP..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Last weekend I built a TDA1524 based tone control circuit ( I use Philips reference design). But it was absolutely fiasco! I cannot get any pot over mid level... When I get any pot to upper level it appears a big noise on speakers and no music! While they were %10-%50, the sound was clear. What's the problem? Did I make a mistake? Or the circuit is mistaken?

Attachments

• tda1524.jpg
    tda1524.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 1,423
RE:

I have used these chips and usind one of TDA 1524 in a tone control my experience suggets firstly you should re-check pcb design, connections etc if things don't work out try changing the CHIP itself.
but basically these are very slick chips there is serious problem with their Bass control, loudness button and olume control try alternates like building a tone control along something like TL 074.

I already checked PCB and other connections. And I changed the chip ones. But as I can see in TDA1524s datasheet, it amplifies the signal @22dB! with full volume... At full volume the pot sends 4.5v dc to chip. And it makes 22dB. But if I can limit to 2.5v, the gain reduces to 3dB. Does it cause the problem?
In fact, I must use this chip to remote volume control (by wire). Do you know an alternative wired remote control (a simple way pls)?
Thanks.

Yes it does!

The audio source has it's own noise, no matter the signal level.
TDA1524 will amplify both noise and signal.
I hope you can adjust the input volume of youre audio source.
Please be more specific about what is your source signal (cd-player, PC etc.).

I use the same circuit in my amplifier and I had the same problem.
The divider worked like charm!

RE:

I ve been using internet for quite sometime now and trying to get help through discussion boards always made me sick, as the people who know anything tend to behave like GODS, but DIY Audio seems an exception here people serioulsy try to help people out, my Hats off to people maintaning the site, Jeans Idea of usinf a divider at the input is excellent, I just gave it a try and beliven me it work more than just fine, only side effect you need to workout the proper combination as to how much u want to divide down input voltage. But it is definitely worth giving a try.

Re: RE:

microJean said:
Yes it does!

:scratch: your reasoning is difficult to gauge.i will try your circuit and post the result soon.

abidr said:
I ve been using internet for quite sometime now and trying to get help through discussion boards always made me sick, as the people who know anything tend to behave like GODS, but DIY Audio seems an exception here people serioulsy try to help people out, my Hats off to people maintaning the site, Jeans Idea of usinf a divider at the input is excellent, I just gave it a try and beliven me it work more than just fine, only side effect you need to workout the proper combination as to how much u want to divide down input voltage. But it is definitely worth giving a try.

this forum is great.

Dxvideo said:
I really did not understand what did you say! But I tried the microjean's signal divider! And it works... But I cannot say its a perfect way to tone control... May be I can divide the dc pot driving voltage.. Or you can say more?

it worked for u.let me see if it works for me.i have exactly the same problem,100% same,i dismissed it as being a fake IC,or too much of gain for the amp to handle.

Yes it does!

Use 9v battery for testing if any noise is generated from powersupply. TDA1524 is very PCB design dependent!; LM1036 + TL074 (for example) as input separator is better.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.