Converting Yamaha RX-V563 to a simple amplifier?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello!
I acquired a Yamaha RX-V563 7.1 surround receiver with a dead DSP board. Someone had a plant on top of it and went to water said plant and spilled water inside the receiver and now the DSP board is dead. A new DSP board is pointlessly expensive, it costs more than a working used V563.
So I want to convert this to a simple amplifier. It uses STK chips for amplification. I looked inside and in the service manual and it is a bit more complicated than just audio in, voltage in, audio out. It has like a processor on it and stuff.
Here is the service manual: YAMAHA RX-V563 HTR-6150 DSP-AX563 Service Manual free download, schematics, eeprom, repair info for electronics

If anyone can tell me if I can turn this into a simple analog amplifier and how, please tell me.
I only want to get the amplifier section working, display, digital stuff, video is not important, only audio.

If it is not possible then i will remove STK chips, make new boards an build an amplifier from ground up.
I have worked on many more simple old school amplifiers, receivers, etc before but not this new.
I am fairly familiar with electronics, but i am no expert.

I hope you guys here can help me.
Please excuse my poor English, i am from Estonia and English is not my primary language.

Only problem you will have is the mute/ stby pins and how to go about these. Otherwise, you have to disconnect and connect the inputs appropriately.

Look for the explanation of mute/stby pin in the datasheet example circuit.

You will also have to bypass psu supervisory circuits or short the power relay contacts.

Gajanan Phadte

If the muting is a simple relay on the speaker outputs, that won't be hard to work around. It might be more complicated than that though ie, muting on the STK chips. If you look up the STK chip data sheet, it will explain the mute pin, if there is one. Inputs to the amp boards should be pretty obvious if you have the schematic.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.