Need good foil Caps for rails

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm building a new GC and will be running it with batteries. Instead of using 1000uf lytics for the rail caps I want to use something like a 6.8uf foil cap.

What would be a good brand to use and can someone give me a pointer to a good source. I've looked through my Digi-Key catalog and didn't see anything that looked appropriate.

Thanks for your help -
Bruce

Keep in mind that even though you do not need power supply filter capacitors since you are using a battery, you may still need more than 6.8 uF at the rails. It depends on how long the wires to the power supply (batteries) are. The wires have a certain inductance, and if the bypass capacitance near the amplifier is not sufficient, that inductance can make the amplifier unstable and can even cause damage to it, due to transient voltage spikes. Check out the data sheet Application Information under the heading "Lead Inductance".

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.