TDA2003 PLEASE HELP

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The TDA2003 is used as audio amp in that Theremin.

Yes, a TDA 2030 or TDA2040 will work. The only thing is that you cannot use the schematic of the audio amp in the Theremin. Download the datasheet of the IC you want to use and construct the application schematic given there.

Gajanan Phadte

Consider feeding the stage that would go into the TDA2003 directly into an existing commercial amp too: Just to make it easier for debugging. Lots of existing TVs, recievers, amplifiers, will be close enough in specs that they could be used.

There's no magic in the TDA2003. Any of the kits/assembled amps with proper power supply you find on eBay for <$10 will work. Gajanan worries about fake chips are real if you go with a kit. I've not found an assembled and tested amp that fails to work so fake chip or not in any particular amp, it is a safe bet to work.

I bet if you scrutinized some currently available TDAxxxx datasheets, you'd find one that would pop right in. Digikey has a few of them for under $10.

For old audio equipment, I have had great success replacing obsolete transistors with modern units. I just find on with equal or greater bandwidth and beta (current and voltage too). Sanken only makes a few driver and power transistors compared to what they used to, but they are the "big ones" (voltage, current and power wise) and as fast or faster than their obsolete units. They pop right in and all you do is adjust the bias and you're good to go. I don't see why the TDA chips would be different, but you better do some homework.

Avoid fakes. Buy from Digikey or Mouser.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.