Another LM1875 question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
OK, about the website, I am setting it up at the site below:

www.diyaudio.ssxh.net

I am just waiting for activation, then hopefully it will work.

About the amp,
I got the samples of the chip yesterday. I cant believe that ONSemi gives this many free samples... 25 of each (50 total) and they aren't small little things.

Is the heatsink I used big enough for the transistor, or do i need more?

Also, if you could post that schematic u were taling about that would be great.

-Mike

Attachments

• cap0012.jpg
    cap0012.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 300
I have taken up Static's offer to post this diagram but nothing seems to have happened, maybe he's to busy.
Anyway, if any one wants it please let me know and I'll e-mail it to them, file is about 1M. It turns out that after I retrieved this diagram it is quite a bit differant to what I described but it does have some unusual features.

Jez.

Just thought I would point out to members and to moderator that two members of this group have offered to post a diagram on my behalf (see above) and were duly e-mailed the ciruit diagram, niether of these people has done anything about this,maybe I was wrong to share my work with others in this forum....or am I being cynical?. I will certainly think twice about shareing specific details in future.
Jez.

hi, which is the recommended power supply for LM1875 in bridge mode?....is +/-21Vcc enough or is to much......this amplifier will be used with 8ohm speakers

I'd go +/- 18 volts or so (under load). Mount the chips direct on the heatsink as well as they'll need to dissipate a lot of heat for that package style. The tab insulator adds thermal resistance. If you must have an isolated heatsink, use a heat spreader that is electrically isolated from the main heat sink. Consider the TDA2050 as it is rated at 5 amp max current.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.