Technics SU V660 Distortioning

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello guys, Im kind of new on this forum but i would appreciate the help of some
pro s. My problem is that i just got a Technics Su v660 from my friend, and i just tested it. while testing kind of evrything was ok till i reached the 1/3 volume. The amp started distortioning verry ugly. The higher i put the volume the more distortion i get and the distortion is mainly on the bass. Im not overloading my speakers this is 100%, the distortion sounds like an amp with a dead PSU or something like that. I was searching the internet for about 3 hours and found only a bit, that this problem may come from the AN7062 amp chip or from around it. All of the channels are working fine but they start distortioning on higher volume. I tougt it can come frome the filter caps so i replaced them but it just got a littlebit better. Oh and there are 6 transistors like preamps whic are getting verry hot(untouchable so 65c+). The other thing is that if i reduce the volume on my phone i can get louder clean output but only like the half power. To decrease the resitance of the pot i need to reduce the volume more and more and i cant get that 125W at 4ohm pretty sure. While with headphones i do not have distortion even with full power but how i reduce volume and turn on the speakers the same distortion i can hear in the headphones. Thanks for helping me. Regards

these amplifiers use SVI3205 IC in a class AA.
from what i understand it's a class A voltage amp and class B current amp.
the big IC is responsible for the class B amplification.
so when pumping up the volume it kicks in.
so your IC might be damaged.

it's worth repairing, i have one and i don't care about the chip amp haters,
this amp is one of the best i heard.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.