TDA1562SD question - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Chip Amps

Chip Amps Amplifiers based on integrated circuits

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 29th January 2014, 08:54 PM   #1
RicY is offline RicY  Latvia
diyAudio Member

Default TDA1562SD question

Hello,

I've made an amplifier using TDA1562SD chips using this schematic and PCB layout. Only used on one channel single 4700uf caps for lift supply, second one 2x2200uf banks. It works and sounds nice, but main problem is when i use PC speaker output, it has very loud hissing/background noise. Changed the signal source form PC to a source from my phone (Samsung galaxy s3), and the hissing was gone. Amp went fully unnoticable when no audio playing, instead of giving out loud ssssssssszzzsss all the time.

Amp is fed by computer PSU (not from the one used as a signal source).

Any ideas why that could be so?

*forgot to take out old pics of schematic*
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SCE.jpg (71.9 KB, 94 views)
File Type: jpg PCB.jpg (173.4 KB, 93 views)

Last edited by RicY; 23rd February 2014 at 01:26 PM.
Old 23rd February 2014, 04:00 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Seriously no-one?
Old 23rd February 2014, 04:06 PM   #3
mikje is offline mikje  United States
Soakin' up the Sound!
diyAudio Member

Unless you upgraded your soundcard, that's probably your problem. Stock sound cards work OK for YouTube videos and times when sound quality is not an issue. You might want to look into a USB DAC. You can find some for less than $100 that do a great job. When I run music out of my laptop, I use either an HRT Soundstreamer or if I'm using headphones I have a Parts Express DAC and a Creative Soundblaster X-Fi. I use one or the other. Both work well.
Mike
Old 23rd February 2014, 04:12 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

So it means the integrated audio is c***. Well i knew it, but didnt think it's so bad. My daylydriver - Sure 2x100W has almost no hiss at all. Its there, but barely unnoticable. Tho the Sure is running from transformer, rectifier and few caps, not for a SMPS. It means the TDA's are more sensitive to input quality than the Class-D Sure amp?
Old 23rd February 2014, 04:38 PM   #5
Soakin' up the Sound!
diyAudio Member

I can't really answer those questions. I would say the sound card doesn't put out the same sound quality as the Sure. It's pretty typical of on board sound cards. It's probably cheaper to buy a USB DAC than it is to mod your computer with an equal value sound card. Others may feel differently. Are you using a desk top or a laptop? If you Google USB DAC you'll find a lot of options at a lot of prices.

I would recommend a DAC that has RCA-out jacks and a headphone-out jack. If you never listen to headphones, then the headphone out doesn't matter. But if you do, a DAC is a huge improvement compared to the computer headphone jack.
Mike
Old 23rd February 2014, 04:43 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

Im using desktop (motherboard Asrock 970 Extr3, with Realtek ALC892 Audio Codec). Headphones, hmm yes, usage is 50/50 time speakers/headphones. Sometimes even headphones are used more.

Maybe try and "nail" together a DIY DAC something like this?

Last edited by RicY; 23rd February 2014 at 04:52 PM.
Old 23rd February 2014, 04:52 PM   #7
Soakin' up the Sound!
diyAudio Member

That DAC looks like it would be fun, and a bit of a challenge. For some reason, I was thinking you were using a laptop. At any rate, you can see what kind of sound card you could get for the same price as a DAC, but with a DAC you have portability.
Mike
Old 23rd February 2014, 04:56 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

So, the DAC PCB design shall begin. Maybe I'll use the pcb provided there, maybe ill compose my own.
Old 23rd February 2014, 04:58 PM   #9
Soakin' up the Sound!
diyAudio Member

Very interesting. I'll be interested in your progress. Can you make your own PCBs? I might be interested in building one of these too.
Mike
Old 23rd February 2014, 05:08 PM   #10
diyAudio Member

Well my pcb's aren't anything spectacular, just toner-transfer and etching bath. Design in ExpressPCB, print with laser printer on laminate film. Nothing fancy. For theese TDA chips, I used kinda retarded thing - designed pcb, printed in ink printer, then scanned to PDF, then printed with laser printer. Came out lets say good. Only the 0.3mm traces got a bit messed up. And the etching bath didnt go quite as smooth too. Maybe ill take some pics and post them later. Good thing about Expresspcb, it prints high DPI, so it eliminates saw-tooth edges on traces.

For now, TDA1562SD board added.
Attached Images
File Type: png tda.png (49.6 KB, 61 views)

Last edited by RicY; 23rd February 2014 at 05:12 PM.

Hide this!Advertise here!