Interconnect, speaker cable break-in???

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
It has been asserted to be true, but there are (to date) no physical evidence or controlled listening tests to confirm it. It remains yet another loudly-claimed but poorly-supported means to wow the potential cable buyers.

Personally, I'm doubtful that it's anything beyond the product of human imagination, but I'm always willing to see real evidence. Not holding my breath...

A solderered connection is said to take about 30 minutes to 'settle in' and this would apply to interconnects too.

The truth is that the sound of our systems changes from day to day (or even hour to hour), affected by the quality of the mains supply, room temperature, our mood and 1001 other factors. So trying to decide if a cable has burned in or not can only ever be a subjective issue.

Seems to me that 'ear break-in' is substantially more likely.

When I get in my car in the morning following a long drive the previous day I'm always deafened when the radio comes on:eek:, I can't possibly have been listening at such high volume.

I can only conclude that some joker opens my car in the middle of the night and turns the radio volume up :mad:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.