Toroidal transformer question [Gain Clone]

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I made some sims with LTspice of a non-inverting lm3886 with a gain of 20 (20k/1k).

Input is set to 100 Hz 0.5v. As expected the Output is 10V. I can reduce the rail voltages down to 14V before the signal starts to clip. Output remains 10V.

Input set to Hz 0.5V. Capacitor 1000uF.
At 100 Hz rail is 28V
At 50 Hz rail is 20V
At 5 Hz rail is 14V

Conclusions:
Gain is linear up to an output signal 4V below rail voltage. (TI call it saturation)
When selecting Capacitors you need to take into consideration the lowest frequency you plan to send through the amp.

Hope I got this right.

Last edited:
I made some sims with LTspice of a non-inverting lm3886 with a gain of 20 (20k/1k).

Input is set to 100 Hz 0.5v. As expected the Output is 10V. I can reduce the rail voltages down to 14V before the signal starts to clip. Output remains 10V.

Input set to Hz 0.5V. Capacitor 1000uF.
At 100 Hz rail is 28V
At 50 Hz rail is 20V
At 5 Hz rail is 14V

Conclusions:
Gain is linear up to an output signal 4V below rail voltage. (TI call it saturation)
When selecting Capacitors you need to take into consideration the lowest frequency you plan to send through the amp.

Hope I got this right.
Absolutely right Mark. Gain is set by the input resistor and the feedback resistor and is linear until clipping.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.