PAM8403 Amp - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Chip Amps

Chip Amps Amplifiers based on integrated circuits

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 1st January 2014, 06:08 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default PAM8403 Amp

I found these little guys while surfing. Has anyone messed with these before? I wonder what the low end is like. Most that I've tried doesn't have good low end response. Comments?

High-Power 2-Channel 3W Audio Super Mini Digital Amplifier Board - Free Shipping
Old 2nd January 2014, 05:50 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

I played with this thing, it's pretty loud. Sound quality is good for price
Old 6th January 2014, 10:22 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Thanks for the reply, Riko. I figured more folks here might have played with this board.. (Or similar)

Can you give me some details on what you did with it? I'd like to start a small project but plan to be frugal in the power usage area..

I enjoy low wattage sound systems and seeing what I can get out of them. I don't want to load my battery down any more than I need to..
Old 17th January 2014, 09:28 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

just got my order in. bought a couple to play with, wasnt expecting much.. hooked them up to a pair of 18650 in parallel (about 4.1V charged) and to some 3 inch full range in TL. The first impressions were: "oh crap!"... I then opened a bottle of wine and let them play.. about 30min in it was like "excuse me?!, did i miss something??" They opened up like i never saw before, low end was there, good mid and treble. I was starting to wonder if it was the wine.. i then plugged the li-ion charger, voltage went up, sound got better right away.. again (WTF is going on here). Spec sheet does not begin to describe what it sounds like.(please bear in mind I write this is as a $1,99 chinese amp with 1,5-2w of power the size of your thumb witch i thought would be a joke)
I then went to the source and tried to up the volume. That is when it all went downhill. This amp has a very narrow sweet spot, after that there is a huge cliff of distortion.
For the price/efficiency/size/flexibility/availability i do not see any other options on the market. With some nice efficient 4ohm speakers possibilities are huge
Old 20th January 2014, 06:56 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Thank You! I was a bit hesitant to order, being past experience with this small of an amp was never good. They had loudness but poor bass response..

I see another project in the makings.. LOL
Old 30th January 2014, 02:26 AM   #6
punchy is offline punchy  United States
diyAudio Member

I bought a PAM8403 that I am trying to get connected right now to my Bluetooth. Did you figure out how to connect it up?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (154.1 KB, 261 views)
Old 30th January 2014, 10:03 AM   #7
diyAudio Member

I'm going to use an LM7805 regulator from my 12 volt D.C. house supply. I have several input feeds to choose from and an assortment of 4 and 8 ohm speakers to play with..

I haven't planned to use a Bluetooth system. I'm just playing with Micro Amplification right now..

I figure you could work with something like this. Your board already has a volume control built in to it..

Amazon.com: Belkin F8Z492TTP Bluetooth Music Receiver: MP3 Players & Accessories
Old 30th January 2014, 05:24 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by punchy View Post
I bought a PAM8403 that I am trying to get connected right now to my Bluetooth. Did you figure out how to connect it up?
The picture posted is very small, can barely make out the pcb markings.. but from what I see the bottom 3 pins are what youre after...
[Linput - Gnd - Rinput]
btw what bluetooth module do you have?
Old 30th January 2014, 05:25 PM   #9
diyAudio Member

bottom 3 pins from what i can make out... (small picture) btw what bluetooth module do you have?
Old 30th January 2014, 11:06 PM   #10
diyAudio Member

I found some better pics of the board..

PAM8403 Two channel (stereo) digital power amplifier module 3W*2 with 5V power supply-in Other Electronic Components from Electronic Components & Supplies on Aliexpress.com

Hide this!Advertise here!