Best off the shelf amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everybody :)

I'm making a mobile speaker system and all i need now is an amp. I was hoping you guys could help me a bit, because i´m completely lost in all the different kinds of chipsets you can get.

What is the best sounding chipsets you can get at the moment? and I would really like some recommendations :)

What i'm looking for.
- 2x25W(+)
- 1 or more inputs
- Volume control optional

- Voltage range. 11-16V(prefered) or 22-32V
It will be powered by 11.1V litium-ion batteries or 12V power supply when mains are available. (and possibly car batteries for festival use)

I have been doing some tests with the Sure electronics T2050
4 X 100Watt Class D Audio Amplifier Board - TK2050_Class D Amplifier Board_Audio Amplifier and other Audio Boards_Audio_Sure Electronics' Webstore

But it really needs 24 volts to shine and it has 2 ekstra channels i can´t use(Waste of energi)

What would you recommend and NOT reccomend?

Cheers Casper :)

Last edited:
TDA7297 amps was suggested to me in another thread. A quick look at youtube and eBay suggests they are readily available and hit your specs.

I have had one of the Sure Tripath 2024 amps for 4 years now. I absolutely love the thing! While it is only half the power output you want, *IF* you have some flexibility with speakers you could just use two of them. i.e. a 4 speaker system with front to rear fader or just a stack of 4 speakers.

I'd stay away from anything Lepai. Too many instances of trouble and build quality problems.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.