Replacement for OPA2134 at DC Servo

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
See attached schematics of the application if needed.
I did replaced the opamp at the servo location with the lme.
Just to want to ensure that changed for a better one for the specific purpose.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 424
Why would you put a 2134 in a servo application? A servo op amp should be optimized for DC operation. A 2134 is a favored amp for audio application.

Apples and oranges.

Since you replaced it, did you measure offset and drift before and after? That way you could answer your own question.

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
How much offset will you allow?

According their respective data sheets:

Vio

OPA2134 +/- 2mV max
LME49720 +/- 0.7mV max
TL071 +/- 6mV max

That does not mean that they will be that much but it is what I would start looking at.
:)

Look at the input bias current for the LME49720. I think its 10 nano amp. Sounds small until you realise it would deliver a 100mv offset with a 10meg resistor at its input. The OPA with 5pa bias current would deliver 0.05 mv under the same condition. The TL071 would be a similar ballpark figure.

Look at the input bias current for the LME49720. I think its 10 nano amp. Sounds small until you realise it would deliver a 100mv offset with a 10meg resistor at its input. The OPA with 5pa bias current would deliver 0.05 mv under the same condition. The TL071 would be a similar ballpark figure.

I could not read the values in the schematic but you could use the same resistor value in each input. Old solution to old problem.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.