Testboard LME49830

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi there,

I have built a test board for the LME49830, exactly according to the datasheet. Only conventional components were used, no SMD.
The board works. The sound is warm and clear.
If anyone can use it, I can upload the layout. I do not want it to develop. It was just for fun, the LME49830 has a friend gave me.

regards Olaf

Attachments

• LME49830_Proto_Top.jpg
    LME49830_Proto_Top.jpg
    193 KB · Views: 1,459
  • LME49830_01.jpg
    LME49830_01.jpg
    256.3 KB · Views: 1,400
  • PCB_TopView.JPG
    PCB_TopView.JPG
    127.2 KB · Views: 1,397
  • schematic.JPG
    schematic.JPG
    110.8 KB · Views: 1,395
how is the distortion performance? any THD curves you can post? Ive seen the comparison between all the LME series but with IRF how is the distortion performance and at what BIAS?

Hi,

I tested the chip with +-32V. I set the bias to 5V without further experiments. On the oscilloscope no distortion can be seen. But I have no professional equipment.

regards

Last edited:
Hi folks,
I did some measurements between IRFP9240 / IRFP240 and ECX10P20R / ECX10N20R MosFET.

The Layout of the IRFP board is capable to use Toshiba MosFETS. So I left space to add diodes between Source and Gate. Don't be irritated if you see the pictures. Note, IRFP MosFETs do not need such diodes.

The ECX MosFETs have a different PIN-Layout, this is the only change between both boards. Feel free to use an distribute it.

I also add the power supply unit. They have 2.5mV AC, it is quite good .

I drove both boards with a -50V +50V rail voltage. So you have 100V, so be careful. From the TI recommendations, you should not go higher then -60V +60V. There are some thermal aspects that have to be consider by higher voltage, like active cooling.

cya
Phil

Attachments

• eagle_files.zip
    268.8 KB · Views: 118
  • pulse_raise_compare.JPG
    pulse_raise_compare.JPG
    89.1 KB · Views: 105
  • pulse_raise.JPG
    pulse_raise.JPG
    94.7 KB · Views: 111
  • pulse_fall2.JPG
    pulse_fall2.JPG
    94.5 KB · Views: 119
  • pulse.JPG
    pulse.JPG
    88.3 KB · Views: 128
  • noise_open_output_2.JPG
    noise_open_output_2.JPG
    101.8 KB · Views: 193
  • noise_open_output.JPG
    noise_open_output.JPG
    94.2 KB · Views: 299
  • Test_setup2.jpg
    Test_setup2.jpg
    460.8 KB · Views: 562
  • Test_setup.jpg
    Test_setup.jpg
    419.7 KB · Views: 581
  • pulse_fall_compare.JPG
    pulse_fall_compare.JPG
    90.5 KB · Views: 94
Hey!

One of the best audio ICs ever, the 49830 is in the end of its era, so its now or never the time to finaly make this PCB for it!
I have designed this one a long time ago, but never realized it.
Is there any interest if I finaly order some?
I try to get the costs below 20$/pcb, but that depends on the quantity...
Any interest?
LME49830PCB3.png

Double sided and top quality, and so on...

PCB size 61mm*97mm

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.