Outlet to transformer switch for GC...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi.

Pulled out some old school switches from an amp. Stamped on some of the switches is "3A - 125/AC" and under this is "JAPAN". Can this type of switch be used as a on/off switch between the wall outlet (120V) and transformer of my GC PSU?

I'm using a 2A slow-blow fuse. So I am assuming the fuse will burn before the switch burns, or anything else burns, if something happens to go wrong.

Any input would be most appreciated.

Thanks.

Disabled Account
Joined 2003
mcelaj said:
Hi.

Pulled out some old school switches from an amp. Stamped on some of the switches is "3A - 125/AC"
Thanks.

that means the switch allows 3amp going through it. at 110v (here in the US), it means 330w at the transformer. at 50% efficiency (for a class b amp), that's good for 150w output. each gainclone is good for about 50w, so your switch can handle at least 3 gainclone at full power at the same time.

That's a lot of sound.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.