New guy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Been reading around audio sites for a few months now and ran into the 47 Laboratory and then this site.

This gear is the choice for me.

I do see schematics and partial schematics for upgrades and tweaks but they are at the edge of my understanding at this point.

I am an electrician with good electronics experience so I think I will be able to pull off a nice unit with some help.
Would there be someone willing to send or tell me where to find a complete schematic, start to finish, that would have what I would term, the filler information, and possibly provide a little coaching.
Don`t need a lot of power, just a nice clean, clear and simple unit.
Speakers will be Carolina JTM`s, similar to the Konus Essence.
Been to Mr. Rogic` site, good stuff, and I am particularly intriqued by the person who has enclosed their gear in the long aluminum cases with, what appear to be, lengthwise extrusions similar to heatsink fins but the mahogany and cherry cases are also quite a nice bit of work, so many choices !

Thank you, andrew

I second going to Nuuks site.Just about all the info needed to make a great GC.I myself like simple cabs (simple mind , simple cab) and just use hammond cabs.And i just use batt P/S (simple mind, simple P/S).Havent looked lately to see if Nuuk has gotten caught up in the NIGC craze?I may build a good one (last one was just a test bed) when i get the horns finished.
ron

Very cool Nuuk old bud!
Yesterday i ordered a set of ampx PA-02 (yea, aint gonna screw these up wih that cost) just to play around with them. Make an amp and compare it to the GC.Thinking about mounting the "chips" outside centered on the HS and the choser in the middle.Just shunted alps pots for volume control ( cant afford TVC).
ron

Hey. do you guys really use the term 'chooser' instead of 'selector'?

Ron, what is the point of putting the chips on the outside of the case? Is it just a cooling issue, or do you want to look at them?

Yes, those TVC's are a bity pricey. Have you thought of selling another oil well to buy one? ;) Or you could wait for :santa2:

Trying to go with the exposed tube look only with the exposed "chip". I guess we can call it a chip? Its a TO3 package.
Have to get them in and see what they look like.If its like the pic then exposed might look good, i mean hide all the wiring on the underside and have the"chip" and HS open.
ron

The heat transfer area on a TO-3 package is on the surface of the lower parabolic base.I was thinking more of a 3x4" finned rectangular
HS with the chip mid point or on the leading edge.I am looking at something that will fit on top of my standard hammond Al case i use for mono blocks.
ron

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.