PCBs for stereo bridged 3886

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I designed a PCB for a bridged/paraelle amp but its mono. However, I only have one set of bypassing capacitors. They're located in the middle between the 4 chips. Does anyone know if this is good enough, or should each lm3886 have its own bypassing caps, and if so how big?

Pete

Sure no problem.

Included in the zip file are four files. One shows the entire board, all components and tracks. One shows the top layer tracks. One shows the bottom layer tracks. And then I've included the schematic as well.

Cautions.... This is untested. I do plan on building it, but not during exams! Ok, now it only has one set of bypassing capacitors for the four op amps. I have no idea whether this is a bad thing or not. Perhaps with a regulated supply it would be ok, or maybe it's fine anyway. I've tested the circuit in circuitmaker and it seems to work fine there. It's pretty well straight from the application note. If you build it please let me know how it goes so I can make any changes before I build it! hehe.

Ok the file is too big to attach, so I'll go image by image.

Enjoy.

Pete

Attachments

• bpa200all.jpg
    bpa200all.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 921
Thanks for all of the responces.

This project has been put off for now, since two people have asked me to build them a headphone amplfiier like the one i built using the lm4881 chip and i am working on my 300W subwoofer using the B/P LM3886's. I figured i would ask now so when I get to it i would have the pcb.

Just wondering, has anybody done what I want to do, using 2 x 2 lm3886 in bridged mode?If so, has anybody designed a pcb just for that?

Thanks for your help, though, Mike

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.