Tripath power amp - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Chip Amps

Chip Amps Amplifiers based on integrated circuits

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 22nd August 2013, 03:55 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Tripath power amp

Hi folks! I have a couple of questions that I'm sure have been covered before, but I can't find the exact answers anywhere (on the forum or elsewhere..)

I have been using a tiny Tripath integrated amp for a long time and love it to bits. The time has come however to get something with more inputs / a dac built in, and I've found one I'm keen to get.

I considered running the output into my existing amp, however I like the idea of not having a pot, and am kind of keen to make something myself. Being very new to electronics I'm thinking assemble rather than build from scratch..

I found this on ebay. Looks like it could be fun for a tenner

DIY class T TA2024 digital amplifier amp mini board kit 2*15W UK | eBay

What would I connect to the 'ground' terminal? Would it be the -12 from the adapter, or does it need to be grounded separately? Also, why the 3 wires to connect the RCA input?

Apart from that, is there anything stopping me from wiring it up using the output from a preamp?

Sorry for the basic questions and thanks in advance for any help!

Hide this!Advertise here!