Novice resistor issues with Oatley K281

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, I've found this site incredibly helpful many times but I've only just signed up.
Please don't laugh at me but I need help with these resistors in my Oatley K281 kit.
I've put most of them in but the last 3 seem to be a mismatch.
The supplied diagram and PCB both call for these...
8K2
2R2
2W2
...I don't know what a 2W2 is and can't find any info online.
What I have are these...
9K2
1R
2K2
I"m not sure if these are legitimate substitutes or if I need to get some new ones. Will I damage anything if they are wrong?
Interestingly, the resistors in the kits parts list bear little resemblance to the ones supplied or listed on the diagram/PCB.

I'm sorry if this is a stupid question but I'm learning... slowly.
any help would be appreciated. Thanks guys.

The values are printed on the PCB and also the diagram above the parts list. They can be seen in the link you posted. And you're right, there is no mention of them in the parts list. The parts list does not seem to correspond to the diagram/PCB, or the parts provided.
...Hmm... Odd.
Cheers

1R should be R13 vertically mounted on the lower right corner of the board.

2W2 is shown as a 1/2 Watt resistor but this is not a normal designation, that I know of.

2R2 is a small 1/4 watt resistor and is normally just color coded. It looks like it is in the power supply, but the web doesn't show the schematic. If in the power supply exact value is not really important.

The 9K2 looks more like a mis-pick but should be close enough to 8K2 to work.

Be sure to check each resistor with a meter! Even the ones already mounted.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.