TDA2009A - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Chip Amps

Chip Amps Amplifiers based on integrated circuits

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 17th August 2013, 06:20 PM   #11
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by davym View Post
Thanks Som that's nice to know.

I wish I could make my own like you can but i'll settle for building good quality kit's for now.
You are most welcome. But trust me, making your own excellent quality PCB is really a child's play. I mean even myself, with almost zero technical knowledge, can do it.
I print the design with a laser printer using a photo paper following the toner transfer method and etch it with Ferric Chloride. Then drill with a micro drill. This is all the infrastructure I have in my bedroom lab. And I am really very satisfied with the result. I learned the method from here at DIYAUDIO and watching videos on youtube.
Here is a snap of my recent home made pcb.

I can bet you can make much much better PCBs at home than I do.

And wish you all the very best for your on-going project. Welcome to the LM3886 family.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DIY-PCB-QUALITY.jpg (58.8 KB, 41 views)

Last edited by csom; 17th August 2013 at 06:38 PM.
Old 17th August 2013, 07:20 PM   #12
davym is offline davym  Scotland
diyAudio Member

Thanks Som.

That is a very nice looking board you have there, nice thick tracks, I am impressed!

I last made a pcb back in the early 90s at college during an electronics course I dropped out of due to lack of cash, I had to find full time work sadly.
Old 17th August 2013, 07:41 PM   #13
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Thanks Som.

That is a very nice looking board you have there, nice thick tracks, I am impressed!
Thank you so much.

Quote:
I last made a pcb back in the early 90s at college during an electronics course I dropped out of due to lack of cash, I had to find full time work sadly.
Identical reason here, lack of cash and also poor health condition. But with the kind help of all of you here I am learning each day, that's the best part of DIY.
When I complete a project/ build- that gives truly professional results, the feeling is priceless.
Old 17th August 2013, 07:50 PM   #14
davym is offline davym  Scotland
diyAudio Member

Strange, I was also quite ill while doing my course!

I know what you mean about diy, I am currently enjoying a 2 chip C moy headphone amp which I built from one of Freds Amps kit's and fitted in an enclosure. It sounds stunning running off a well regulated 12v supply instead of a 9v battery.

Cheers

Davy

Last edited by davym; 17th August 2013 at 07:53 PM.

Hide this!Advertise here!