Ohh dear, what a wonderful day.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Simple stereo chipamp, good for beginner.

Time to clean up...

I had lots of stuff in my hands...

Time to build and enjoy what I love to do, build amplifiers from scratch.

The design can , i should have used mostly SMD resistors but you can do whatever you want with this PCB :

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

image upload

Pictures of what i managed to build with 100€ budget.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

screenshot

open source screen capture

capture screen

screenshot tool

Problems i had and how i fixed them:

Supply stuck to output: Bad solderjoint on Vee pin:

Hissing noise, RCA not isolated from chassis.

Supply stuck to output, missing input capacitor, when shorted both amps switch fully on to negative supply voltage.

Heated a bit too much, missing HF filters that i added just after first test.

Last edited:
Yep, you are 99% correct, I dont even know how i messed this one up...
Anyway, the loop between 3 and 1 is not needed.
For HF id use 1206 SMD caps, Thru hole need alot more space

And the bigass box... 5W 0R1 resistor can be 2W too but
For the sake of wasting space Id go for 5W :)

The only way to make nice looking pcb is to use double sided PCB...

Last edited:
Had to cut the edges short ...

Coated top and rear panels with beige spray,
That has gold glitters inside, seems that i need clear varnish too, not so shiny at the moment....

I need ideas what material should i use on the front, i dont have much, 1,5mm steel sheets or 6mm highq. veneer.
I belive i have to add few old radio tubes and orange leds to make it look neat, not too fancy :) VINTAGE!

Hi, im back again... But not sure for how long...
Anyway, how much capacitance do Do i need for 2chips?
I got 22k uF capacitors, 4 of them and i belive is good...

The chassis is ready but i have to print, etch, clean, drill, solder and connect some things...
I think im going to use USB dac and analog inputs just for my TV set, got PCM2706 in my hands right now but should i use capacitors on the DAC's output?
When it turns on it has a little pop on startup... I may need delay between amplifier and dac then?
There are many relay delay circuits that are very simple.
Switching mode power supply for solidstate relay and DAC... It has alot output current, 8A! and its tiny, smaller than my previous phone.

Last edited:
Looks like sh** :mad:*

free screenshot software

Great candidate for a nice piece of veneer! How big is the front panel? Looks like a quick job if you can get some scrap somewhere.

Use a sanding block to get rid of the burned edges and to flush up the veneer if you go that route. The edges of plywood are tough to make pretty when using power tools sometimes.

Great candidate for a nice piece of veneer! How big is the front panel? Looks like a quick job if you can get some scrap somewhere.

Use a sanding block to get rid of the burned edges and to flush up the veneer if you go that route. The edges of plywood are tough to make pretty when using power tools sometimes.

Not burned, I used pitch and nitro to darken the wood, then added few layers of clear glossy varnish, yes... I had to sand the edges and face, now the darken part is gone.

I like when front panels are clean and smooth with no lights and knobs... :p

But thanks you for advice, useful information.

I have to go back to work 2nd september, I'll finish it before. and as always...
Going to take pic's n stuff.

If i can remember correctly it was 310mmx110mm

My PCB design has a problem! Missin 220 pF capacitor from fedback/noninverting input
What it caused? +30V on the output, even after adding it i had low hissing noise...
What could cause this?

Chassis is almost ready, the bottom panel is not fully secured yet, i need to fix few things before i can share my build with yall.

Yep, you were correct, well, i had to make new PCB... and i made mistake...
But i fould it out just before i posted this :D

Anyway, the casing is ready...

capture screen

And so is the amplifier...
I have to make new PCB and fix my soldering iron, the temp is too low+ i need to find my 1mm and smaller drillbits, the PCB and wireing is messed up so bad... Have to make new PCB with the first design+ add few tweaks :)

screenshot tool

I have to clean up alot!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.