Umbilical cord suggestions

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,

I've been working my way towards putting my breadboard IGC into a final design enclosure (pics soon) and would like to ask for some suggestions on the Umbilical cord between supply and amp.

I will have two power supply housings and one amp box containing both channels. I only need about 1 foot max cord length for each. Envisioning the cords being fixed at supplies with connectors on amp for easy moving.

1. Wire suggestions? Braided seems logical so I'm not worrying about stressing and breaking a solid cable.

2. Connector suggestions? Type and and source would be great!

Anyone using plain 'ol Home Depot appliance/tool replacement cord with the three wires? I'm also very open to wire suggestions from places like Parts ConneXion as well.

Thanks in adavnce,

Steve

As for connectors, I've seen a lot of people use these; (from parts express)
090-535 CB MIC PLUG 4 PIN FEMALE $1.65
090-542 CB MIC CHASSIS MOUNT JACK 4 PIN H $2.50

And it's what I've gotten for my first IGC too.

As for wire, I found some nice 16ga 4-wire stuff at Home depot, and it's cheap, cost me $1.20 for 5 ft of it. I'll have 2 grounds and then +/- 25V. Of course mine isn't done yet either, but it's the best I was able to put together based on what I’ve seen here. I know others have used a bunch of single wires, and then sleeved it but that seems like just a bit to much work.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.