Mini My Ref Rev C

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
D

Deleted member 148505

Hi,

I've created a layout for a mono amp based on My Ref Rev C.

No speaker protect and no onboard supply. Only good as an add-on module for an existing amp.

Credits to Mauro Penasa for the schematics.

Attachments

• MyRefC-Jlester-Bottom (1.965 x 2.625).pdf
    13 KB · Views: 279
  • MyRefC-Jlester-Schem.pdf
    14.9 KB · Views: 496
  • myminiref.PNG
    myminiref.PNG
    25 KB · Views: 1,711
  • MyRefC-Jlester-All(values).pdf
    33.1 KB · Views: 304
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the layout and the concept. However, it's prudent not to omit the speaker protection - there are a wide variety of situations (both malfunctions as well as marginal component values) in a MyRef where the speaker output latches to V+ or less commonly, to V-, and this will almost certainly destroy any woofer instantly.

The speaker protection circuitry works very well to protect the speakers from DC on the output, and doesn't cost much or occupy a great deal of board area, and I would strongly suggest that it be retained.

D

Deleted member 148505

Thanks for the suggestion. But the placement and routing for the speaker protect will be difficult and needs many jumpers.

Yes I think it is mandatory to have a speaker protection with this amp. Just use external speaker protect :)

The rail to rail cap is NOT what National tell you to do.
The MF decoupling is far too far away to be considered for HF decoupling.
Locating the HF decoupling on the MF decoupling pins leads to ringing.
I have already told you this.

This is my last attempt to get the message through to you !

How about one more time.

Hey Andrew where's that great post you made about the point to point chipamp and it's HF and MF decoupling?

(two 100nf, 50V X7R cut short on one side and attached to chip pins, other sides connected very close. Now take this one HF ground point and connect it to the MF ground point of your mid size caps... )

That was very clear.

(A drawing / picture would be even better!)

Often it is a simple mismatch between language and/or knowledge of the parties that leads to misunderstanding.

:grouphug:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 148505

Yes, Andrew always had great posts about something but he seems to lack courtesy.

Ok I hope that the suggestions are quite great improvement on the measurements.

Anyway here's the latest layout containing the changes. I appreciated your suggestions guys.

Attachments

• MyRefC-Jlester-Bottom (1.965 x 2.625).pdf
    17.2 KB · Views: 120
  • MyRefC-Jlester-Overlay.pdf
    22.3 KB · Views: 125
  • 3886 new.PNG
    3886 new.PNG
    67.7 KB · Views: 778
He seems to lack courtesy because he gets burnt out.

You're asking good questions but unfortunately there is an enormous amount of misinformation out there.

He gets burnt out more quickly when he sees exchanges in a 'confrontation' mode rather than a 'needs a clearer explanation' mode.

Speaking of clarity,

1 .jpeg = 1k ASCII

;)

I think Andrew is trying to suggest something like this:

HF to MF decouple 3886.PNG

PS Andrew, if you could show rather than describe, your suggestions would be crystal clear. Are you comfortable with any quick 'drawing' software, my hack-job was just done in MS Paint (brush, draw polygon, fill, ...)?

PPS Andrew, did you get my email a few months ago about working on a "setting up a proper chipamp" thread?

Last edited:
Software takes me forever to learn.
Then using that software is 100times slower than sketching by hand.
I do not want to waste all my time on the PC, I spend too long re-answering the questions that keep getting repeated. Even from the same Member in the same Thread !!!!

That = burn out.

I can't recall an Email.
What is your Email name (not the full address) and rough date?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 148505

Sorry if I made you burnt out. I just don't easily believe in information that others throw at me. Specially if there's no citing of source of information or if they haven't done a study or experiment about it. Anyway I know that your suggestion is the best and a basic guideline, but I am quite hesitant if it has an immediate impact on the actual performance. Nevertheless, I still changed the layout :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.