gainclone distortion with playstation

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all, I've done the PlayStation mods on the output stage and when I've plugged it into the gainclone I'm getting bad distortion. It was fine before the mods and still sounds good when used with other sources. The PlayStation works good with my av amp so its getting me confused to what the problem is. The gainclone is the chip amp kit with a 50k pot and the mods on the PlayStation are from the dog breath page. Any help is appreciated.

the 0.1 resistor has has taking a lot of the distortion away but its still there. not sure what else to do now. i followed chipamp.coms instructions for the lm3886 kit and there is a 50k alps blue pot in. i followed dogbreaths instructions for the ps1. but there not compatible with each other. is it the 50k pot?

All the circuit does in increase the audio level by 3db, nothing else. The impedances make little difference. So, in my mind nothing more than a pre amp.
Maybe there is now too much signal causing the system to overload.
Vt2 is the mute control device for Q302 and Q404, muting transistors.
The original DAC is excellent and to "mod" like this is not an advantage.
:confused:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.