recomendations for a +-12v portable amp?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
si

yes, maybe that either 2030A or 2050, with bipolar transistors at the output..
and bridged to take care for the 3x8in , and then anotherfor the small drivers array it will be like 1 ohm!! 1.33 , if i do away with 6 x8ohm drivers
i´ll check this schem later .
from the dataheet: and then modd it

Attachments

• tda2030A.jpg
    tda2030A.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 169
hey! your amp looks good. and how is it sound?
is it good? i´ve used tda 2030 before but had a bad pcb
(made by me) and didnot like the sound i got.
Now i know better!
cause 30 clean watts sure would help
got to try!
thanks...

sorry this was supossed to be answer for Mr john r66

Last edited:
The amp sounds excellent. I put them through listening tests and other checks before I consider them good. Keeping the decoupling caps near the IC and power & signal grounds separated is important. I also have an RF filter on the input.

I build the amps compact and mount on the aluminum 'L' bracket which aids in shielding the board from stray electrical noise. It is better to bolt the module up so the ICs are facing the heatsink, but the board sticks out more. Using a 12.6-0-12.6 2A transformer in the PSU, I get 38 watts of clean power into 8 ohms. Using the 14-0-14 4A transformer, I get 46 watts. You won't get as much power on the 12v batteries, but still plenty.

thanks! johnr66.
have you tried the circuit with the transistors at the chip output?
i just made one with lm3886 and sc5200-sa1493, and sounds very good and runs cool
or just warm on a PS with a 25-0-25 transformer! even when loud for hours.
i see you used perfboard, i´d like toget some ´cause here i can only get
the kind with traces for dil chips. May i ask you what schematic are you using?
thanks.

I haven't used the transistors. For the power I need, the chip alone works fine. My speakers are fairly sensitive and I get plenty of clean sound at the listening levels I use with room to crank it when desired.

I laid out the components myself on the perfboard. The 5 pin chip amps are very easy to use on these boards as you can pack components in close to the IC and put the other side of the component right into a star grounding scheme. I can post an image of the layout if I can find it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.