A very cheap TDA2030 Kit - Page 3 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Chip Amps

Chip Amps Amplifiers based on integrated circuits

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 8th June 2013, 10:53 AM   #21
diyAudio Member

Send a message via ICQ to activexp Send a message via AIM to activexp Send a message via MSN to activexp Send a message via Yahoo to activexp
I've made a start on the PCB and found a shortage of resistors. R2 and R9 (1.5R) are missing. Instead I have 2 extra 7.5K

All the caps were present and correct.

Click the image to open in full size.

Old 8th June 2013, 11:56 AM   #22
diyAudio Member

Very nice! Keep posting. And all the very best.
Old 11th June 2013, 06:14 AM   #23
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to KMossman Send a message via Skype™ to KMossman
I suggest replacing the input and output jacks - usually the stuff available in China is of dismal quality.

Probably it was initially designed to be used with a different power switch, then they found something cheaper and neglected to adjust the cabinet............

Otherwise a very good find!

Keen to know the results!
Old 11th June 2013, 05:07 PM   #24
diyAudio Member

Not including the the components with changed/different values -- how much of the kit pieces are you substituting and how much of it are you going to keep?

Just thought I would ask since you have it in front of you sometimes one can tell by the feel whether it is a cheap or good component.
Old 11th June 2013, 07:07 PM   #25
diyAudio Member

Send a message via ICQ to activexp Send a message via AIM to activexp Send a message via MSN to activexp Send a message via Yahoo to activexp
Quote:
Originally Posted by overtheairbroadcast View Post
Not including the the components with changed/different values -- how much of the kit pieces are you substituting and how much of it are you going to keep?

Just thought I would ask since you have it in front of you sometimes one can tell by the feel whether it is a cheap or good component.
This all depends on how well the amp works (if at all). Then I'll have to decide if it's worth 'upgrading'. I've almost finished populating the PCB and expect to have it ready for powering up in the next day or two.

I have a mystery about R14. It's marked on the PCB but not shown on the schematic or listed in the parts list. It is referred to on the 'instruction sheet' but it's in Chinese
Old 11th June 2013, 07:07 PM   #26
SarkkaS is offline SarkkaS  Finland
diyAudio Member

Bumped into this thread accidentally and subscribed...and now, after some very brief consideration, I put in an order. With shipping the total was $22.48 (USD), or in other words, about 17 . Cheap as soap, as they say in Finland..

Albeit the power supply is probably a little weak for this project, it's a good starting point. I have some transformers that might be of use for this project, so I might substitute for a better one later on, but the aim is to build this as it comes, as stock as possible, to emulate best a beginner's situation at building something like this.

-Sale
Old 12th June 2013, 08:13 PM   #27
SarkkaS is offline SarkkaS  Finland
diyAudio Member

I just got an email that stated that I'd have to pay another USD $22.31 to cover surprisingly high, increased postage costs for this delivery. I asked that my payment be refunded to my Paypal account and to forget it.

I'll just stick to my current LM4780 project...

-Sale
Old 12th June 2013, 08:45 PM   #28
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarkkaS View Post
I just got an email that stated that I'd have to pay another USD $22.31 to cover surprisingly high, increased postage costs for this delivery. I asked that my payment be refunded to my Paypal account and to forget it.

I'll just stick to my current LM4780 project...

-Sale
That must be wrong as the amp weighs less than 1kg, probably about 1kg with packing. According to their shipping calculator, total shipping cost should be $20.66.
Anyway you did the right thing in cancelling as I've finished my amp and it doesn't work
There's a high hum level and distortion is about 99.9% using an old CD player as input source. I'm certain I have populated the board correctly so I don't know where to go from here seeing that I'm a total ignoramus on amp design.
There's the mystery of R14 as previously mentioned. I think this could be relevant. If only I understood Chinese! It looks to be on one of the LM324 pins.

And this too:

Any ideas anyone?
Old 12th June 2013, 08:54 PM   #29
diyAudio Member

Thanks to Goldkenn for translation, R14 is a jumper wire. Might have known!
Old 13th June 2013, 01:14 PM   #30
diyAudio Member

With the R14 jumper in place the amp actually works Sounds reasonable but there's some low level hum which could become annoying. The volume control is very sudden, either quiet or loud!

It could do with larger knobs to hide the nuts and oversize holes.

Hide this!Advertise here!